1996 Buick Roadmaster - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Roadmaster model:
1996 Roadmaster
By dan on 11/12/07 20:54 PM (PST)

1996 Buick Roadmaster 4dr Sedan

Very great drive train. Poor interior and exterior trim. Way below average. 1993 was much better. Like car but wouldn't buy another 1996 because of lousy trim and interior quality

'96 Hotrod Buick Roadmaster
By biggsteve on 05/19/07 23:03 PM (PDT)

1996 Buick Roadmaster Limited 4dr Sedan

This is the 3rd Roadmaster that my family has had the priveledge of owning. The first 2 were 1992 models with the 180bhp 350 V8. The first one was sold but I still own the second and it has just over 197,000 miles and rufuses to die. The '96 I have now has a dynomax 2 1/2 in exhaust system that has allowed me to achieve 36.5 mpg highway and 18-22 city depending on how i drive. I have also added a K&N cold air intake to eliminate that ugly dual box system GM used as well as a throttle body airfoil and intake elbow for a Camaro. Other than some fit and finish issues that my other cars didn't have this car looks better and at 6'2" i have plenty of leg room.

I'm 6'2" and they did it right!
By P. Robb on 09/26/06 14:55 PM (PDT)

1996 Buick Roadmaster Estate 4dr Wagon

26 MPG with the A/C on at 6,000 feet and above. I just converted it to E85 Ethanol at $1.99 per gallon and 105 Octane... sweet! This wagon is fast, quiet, roomy, and very dependable! Oh yeah, parts and repairs have been cheap! After all, it's a Chevy driveline! Mine has power front seats, both driver and shotgun. And, I'm certain that anyone with 'headroom issues' has failed to properly lower the seats as I have loads of headroom and armroom and legroom. This wagon is an absolute pleasure to drive. If you seek comfort, spaciousness, and economy at a bargain price, you should look at the 1996 Roadmaster!

Big Car--Good Gas Milage--sleepr!
By Dan Bower on 07/10/06 18:06 PM (PDT)

1996 Buick Roadmaster Estate 4dr Wagon

This big fast car gets around 17 mpg around town and 24 on the highway. Leather interior is luxurious, durable, and the air conditioning is so cold it'll make your teeth hurt. The last year for the Roadmaster is first year for this 4L60E trans--bad combonation! Other than wrestling the trans problem to the ground, owning this agile pachaderm is fun and keeps the miles off the new iron, which is leased. I will not hestitate to get another one of these after this one answers the dispatcher of That Great Junk Yard In The Sky---but next time a low-mile kitty from, say, Palm Beach or Clearwater.

No Other Ever Like It
By Michigander Buick on 03/04/05 12:56 PM (PST)

1996 Buick Roadmaster Estate 4dr Wagon

A great car and better wagon. Terrific performance with the Corvette LT1 260hp v8, 0-70, both pulling from on ramp and speed changes 70-80...like a train. Very comfortable if have all power seats with memory. Great amount of space - 4x8' sheet fits with tailgate shut...kids like rear facing 3rd seat...can take long trips without fatigue...very good economy, far better than SUV or mini-van, plus very stable in wind. GM blew it when stopped making...now the smaller not as good Dodge wagon has taken over. The transmission is also mated very well to the shift points of the v8, much better than my supercharged Park Avenue, which is jerky by comparison.

Looking for body moulding parts
By Rett on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Buick Roadmaster Limited 4dr Sedan

This is a wonderfull car that is fun to drive. Shortly after I puchase it with 88000 miles I lost a main bearing and had to replace the enging. When I bought this car the body was in great shape all except the body mouldings. There is damage on all sides. I am having a hard time finding replacement parts. Can anyone help me.

the car is good
By gene russell on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Buick Roadmaster Estate 4dr Wagon

This vehicle is comfortable, good road car and has all the room for extended travel.

By abbbbbbbbbb on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Buick Roadmaster Limited 4dr Sedan

great car, this is the second roadmaster I have purchased and it is the most comfortable car I have ever known

Roadmaster Reliable
By kevallen on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Buick Roadmaster 4dr Sedan

Purchased the car as the "family" car, big enough for four to travel comfortably with plenty of room to spare in the trunk. My wife and I are in our 30's and have two young children. The LT1 engine is a delight and quite a surprise to those who think they can blow by you on the highway. This baby moves! The most comfortable car I've ever driven on long road trips. After 95000 miles the engine doesn't drink a drop of oil between changes.

Roadmaster Raves
By kevallen on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Buick Roadmaster Limited 4dr Sedan

Bought the car to fill my expanding family needs. Fits the bill perfectly as a safe reliable and powerful car with excellent long distance travel comfort.