1996 Buick Roadmaster 5.7L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - '96 Hotrod Buick Roadmaster

1996 Buick Roadmaster Sedan - Consumer Review

'96 Hotrod Buick Roadmaster
By biggsteve on

1996 Buick Roadmaster Limited 4dr Sedan

This is the 3rd Roadmaster that my family has had the priveledge of owning. The first 2 were 1992 models with the 180bhp 350 V8. The first one was sold but I still own the second and it has just over 197,000 miles and rufuses to die. The '96 I have now has a dynomax 2 1/2 in exhaust system that has allowed me to achieve 36.5 mpg highway and 18-22 city depending on how i drive. I have also added a K&N cold air intake to eliminate that ugly dual box system GM used as well as a throttle body airfoil and intake elbow for a Camaro. Other than some fit and finish issues that my other cars didn't have this car looks better and at 6'2" i have plenty of leg room.

Favorite Features

350 LT-1, factory air-ride and the availabilty of aftermarket add ons is unbelievable. The reliabilty and longevity of the Roadmaster and other b-body GM cars is outstanding. Hence the reason California Hiway patrol opted to rebuild their fleet of Caprices instead of buying the new Fords.

Suggested Improvements

GM needed better planning on seat placement, dash arrangement and fit and finish. This car should've had a locking rear differential and rear disk brakes as stanard equipment since the power of the LT-1 is way more than one wheel can handle especially with motor upgrades.