Used 1996 Buick Roadmaster Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Buick Roadmaster - Consumer Reviews

1996 Buick Roadmaster Sedan

View reviews for a specific Roadmaster model:

Vintage GM
By JRD

1996 Buick Roadmaster Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is the kind of car GM builds better than anyone else. I bought this to replace my older GM boats (1972 Electra and Riviera). I remember not liking these when they were new but now they seem to have a presence when compared to the other cars on the road. The LT-1 is fantastic as is the transmission. Very good power and roadability. I have to agree with other reviewers that the interior is somewhat poorly designed especially the door panels. The plastic front and rear bumpers don't seem that strong and chrome trim on them tends to come off (it's chrome tape.) I still give this car high marks for all around comfort and reliability.

Favorite Features

comfort, highway ride and climate control

Suggested Improvements

better materials for interior

1996 Roadmaster
By dan

1996 Buick Roadmaster Sedan 4dr Sedan

Very great drive train. Poor interior and exterior trim. Way below average. 1993 was much better. Like car but wouldn't buy another 1996 because of lousy trim and interior quality

Favorite Features

Motor. Ride

Suggested Improvements

Interior and exterior trim

Roadmaster Reliable
By kevallen

1996 Buick Roadmaster Sedan 4dr Sedan

Purchased the car as the "family" car, big enough for four to travel comfortably with plenty of room to spare in the trunk. My wife and I are in our 30's and have two young children. The LT1 engine is a delight and quite a surprise to those who think they can blow by you on the highway. This baby moves! The most comfortable car I've ever driven on long road trips. After 95000 miles the engine doesn't drink a drop of oil between changes.

Favorite Features

Freeway ride, power, comfort, safety, reliability

Suggested Improvements

Cheap plastic on interior, poor fit & finish quality, corners cut on ergonomic design

Not bad for an elderly car
By candymanfb

1996 Buick Roadmaster Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car has the power to go - it can give a mustang a run for it's money. Even though the mustang may be a current model and my wagon is 8years old (94). The only thing that I hate is the mpg. If I unleash all the horses the gas mileage is pocket denting. The vista roof is great. If you ever see this car or a close relative - Olsmobile Custom Cruiser(91-92) 170BHP Chevrolet Caprice Classic Wagon(91-93) 180BHP (94-96)260BPHP Give it respect - It was built to last.

Favorite Features

Climate control Auto load leveling Vista roof Dual opening liftgate.