Used 1996 Buick Roadmaster Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Buick Roadmaster - Consumer Reviews

1996 Buick Roadmaster Sedan

View reviews for a specific Roadmaster model:

Vintage GM
By JRD

1996 Buick Roadmaster Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is the kind of car GM builds better than anyone else. I bought this to replace my older GM boats (1972 Electra and Riviera). I remember not liking these when they were new but now they seem to have a presence when compared to the other cars on the road. The LT-1 is fantastic as is the transmission. Very good power and roadability. I have to agree with other reviewers that the interior is somewhat poorly designed especially the door panels. The plastic front and rear bumpers don't seem that strong and chrome trim on them tends to come off (it's chrome tape.) I still give this car high marks for all around comfort and reliability.

Favorite Features

comfort, highway ride and climate control

Suggested Improvements

better materials for interior

Best car ever
By kevin

1996 Buick Roadmaster Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

Wow, what a car. Vette engine screams. 28 mpg Seattle to Los Angeles. Hard to find exterior trim parts, I do know a place in Seattle that can make parts if you have the old one. Very comfortable. Rear wheel drive is fun.

Favorite Features

Power, comfort, looks

Suggested Improvements

This car is 12 yrs old, still in fantastic shape, no other car like it

1996 Roadmaster
By dan

1996 Buick Roadmaster Sedan 4dr Sedan

Very great drive train. Poor interior and exterior trim. Way below average. 1993 was much better. Like car but wouldn't buy another 1996 because of lousy trim and interior quality

Favorite Features

Motor. Ride

Suggested Improvements

Interior and exterior trim

'96 Hotrod Buick Roadmaster
By biggsteve

1996 Buick Roadmaster Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

This is the 3rd Roadmaster that my family has had the priveledge of owning. The first 2 were 1992 models with the 180bhp 350 V8. The first one was sold but I still own the second and it has just over 197,000 miles and rufuses to die. The '96 I have now has a dynomax 2 1/2 in exhaust system that has allowed me to achieve 36.5 mpg highway and 18-22 city depending on how i drive. I have also added a K&N cold air intake to eliminate that ugly dual box system GM used as well as a throttle body airfoil and intake elbow for a Camaro. Other than some fit and finish issues that my other cars didn't have this car looks better and at 6'2" i have plenty of leg room.

Favorite Features

350 LT-1, factory air-ride and the availabilty of aftermarket add ons is unbelievable. The reliabilty and longevity of the Roadmaster and other b-body GM cars is outstanding. Hence the reason California Hiway patrol opted to rebuild their fleet of Caprices instead of buying the new Fords.

Suggested Improvements

GM needed better planning on seat placement, dash arrangement and fit and finish. This car should've had a locking rear differential and rear disk brakes as stanard equipment since the power of the LT-1 is way more than one wheel can handle especially with motor upgrades.

Looking for body moulding parts
By Rett

1996 Buick Roadmaster Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

This is a wonderfull car that is fun to drive. Shortly after I puchase it with 88000 miles I lost a main bearing and had to replace the enging. When I bought this car the body was in great shape all except the body mouldings. There is damage on all sides. I am having a hard time finding replacement parts. Can anyone help me.

Favorite Features

This car rides like a big car has power and handles sports car with great milage.