1996 Buick Roadmaster Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Roadmaster model:
Vintage GM
By JRD on 06/10/10 10:31 AM (PDT)

1996 Buick Roadmaster Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is the kind of car GM builds better than anyone else. I bought this to replace my older GM boats (1972 Electra and Riviera). I remember not liking these when they were new but now they seem to have a presence when compared to the other cars on the road. The LT-1 is fantastic as is the transmission. Very good power and roadability. I have to agree with other reviewers that the interior is somewhat poorly designed especially the door panels. The plastic front and rear bumpers don't seem that strong and chrome trim on them tends to come off (it's chrome tape.) I still give this car high marks for all around comfort and reliability.

Best car ever
By kevin on 06/07/08 23:50 PM (PDT)

1996 Buick Roadmaster Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

Wow, what a car. Vette engine screams. 28 mpg Seattle to Los Angeles. Hard to find exterior trim parts, I do know a place in Seattle that can make parts if you have the old one. Very comfortable. Rear wheel drive is fun.

1996 Roadmaster
By dan on 11/12/07 20:54 PM (PST)

1996 Buick Roadmaster Sedan 4dr Sedan

Very great drive train. Poor interior and exterior trim. Way below average. 1993 was much better. Like car but wouldn't buy another 1996 because of lousy trim and interior quality

'96 Hotrod Buick Roadmaster
By biggsteve on 05/19/07 23:03 PM (PDT)

1996 Buick Roadmaster Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

This is the 3rd Roadmaster that my family has had the priveledge of owning. The first 2 were 1992 models with the 180bhp 350 V8. The first one was sold but I still own the second and it has just over 197,000 miles and rufuses to die. The '96 I have now has a dynomax 2 1/2 in exhaust system that has allowed me to achieve 36.5 mpg highway and 18-22 city depending on how i drive. I have also added a K&N cold air intake to eliminate that ugly dual box system GM used as well as a throttle body airfoil and intake elbow for a Camaro. Other than some fit and finish issues that my other cars didn't have this car looks better and at 6'2" i have plenty of leg room.

Looking for body moulding parts
By Rett on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Buick Roadmaster Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

This is a wonderfull car that is fun to drive. Shortly after I puchase it with 88000 miles I lost a main bearing and had to replace the enging. When I bought this car the body was in great shape all except the body mouldings. There is damage on all sides. I am having a hard time finding replacement parts. Can anyone help me.

By abbbbbbbbbb on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Buick Roadmaster Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

great car, this is the second roadmaster I have purchased and it is the most comfortable car I have ever known

Roadmaster Reliable
By kevallen on 04/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Buick Roadmaster Sedan 4dr Sedan

Purchased the car as the "family" car, big enough for four to travel comfortably with plenty of room to spare in the trunk. My wife and I are in our 30's and have two young children. The LT1 engine is a delight and quite a surprise to those who think they can blow by you on the highway. This baby moves! The most comfortable car I've ever driven on long road trips. After 95000 miles the engine doesn't drink a drop of oil between changes.

Roadmaster Raves
By kevallen on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Buick Roadmaster Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

Bought the car to fill my expanding family needs. Fits the bill perfectly as a safe reliable and powerful car with excellent long distance travel comfort.

Not bad for an elderly car
By candymanfb on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Buick Roadmaster Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car has the power to go - it can give a mustang a run for it's money. Even though the mustang may be a current model and my wagon is 8years old (94). The only thing that I hate is the mpg. If I unleash all the horses the gas mileage is pocket denting. The vista roof is great. If you ever see this car or a close relative - Olsmobile Custom Cruiser(91-92) 170BHP Chevrolet Caprice Classic Wagon(91-93) 180BHP (94-96)260BPHP Give it respect - It was built to last.

HEAVY CRUISER
By max38 on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Buick Roadmaster Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

Where else on the planet can you find such a versitile car like this... without going broke ? Full perimiter frame, power to spare, an ungodly towing capacity, all the creature comforts... and the damn things just don't die ! Great for family or formal.