Used 1996 Buick Roadmaster Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Buick Roadmaster - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Roadmaster model:

Traditional American Luxury Barge
By Charles

1996 Buick Roadmaster 4dr Sedan

They don't make em like this anymore. Roomy, stylish,quiet, comfortable a few words to describe the car. This is the second Roadmaster I have owned and I love it as much as the first one. Car rides like it's on air and has velvety smooth surge of power from the 350 LT1 V8 engine. Mine also comes with the G80 limited slip differential. The engine is both powerful and efficient I can get up to 28 mpg highway. This car is such a pleasure to drive much nicer than other generic vehicles.
GM should not have stopped making the B and D body cars, and replaced them with Roadmaster wannabes like the park ave and lucerne. car does not smoke during cold start nor does it consume oil or need to be jump started if left for a month not being driven and the engine can go 300,000 plus miles before needing
a rebuild. Vehicle is not perfect however it could have used disc brakes in rear instead of drums and windows sometimes fall of tracks, limited slip differential should be standard. Theres alot to love about this car, parts are cheap when it needs work and it is very safe in an accident. Overall a great and highly underrated vehicle .

Power, Great Value, I've owned 5 of Them
By roadmaster5

1996 Buick Roadmaster Estate 4dr Wagon

I echo what the other reviewers said, but the car does have its faults: the roof windows leak, not a lot, but they all do it enough to make the interior foggy on cold mornings. I park mine facing uphill and drill drain holes in the spare tire well and storage bin.
The side rubber moldings come off after a dozen years, but don't throw them away. 3M exterior mounting tape puts them back as good as new, same for the interior door trim pieces whose tabs always break.
The rear vent windows come off their hinges. Cynoacrylate gel does a decent job of putting them back.
Rear windows go cockeyed after a plastic piece breaks--every car eventually. It's a $1 part and removing the door panel.

car for life?
By Mike

1996 Buick Roadmaster Estate 4dr Wagon

Love this car. Fast, reliable, comfortable and economical even for a big V-8. I load 12 foot surfcasting rods right down the middle or 4 X 8 sheet rock flat with the tailgate down. This car is so functional, reliable and so comfortable to drive I have difficulty buying a 2010 Anything! And it still looks great!

L1 Corvette Engine performance High quality leather interior Grand Touring Suspension Climate Control

Exterior trim doesn't age well Spotty body rust along lower perimeter

Vintage GM
By JRD

1996 Buick Roadmaster 4dr Sedan

This is the kind of car GM builds better than anyone else. I bought this to replace my older GM boats (1972 Electra and Riviera). I remember not liking these when they were new but now they seem to have a presence when compared to the other cars on the road. The LT-1 is fantastic as is the transmission. Very good power and roadability. I have to agree with other reviewers that the interior is somewhat poorly designed especially the door panels. The plastic front and rear bumpers don't seem that strong and chrome trim on them tends to come off (it's chrome tape.) I still give this car high marks for all around comfort and reliability.

comfort, highway ride and climate control

better materials for interior

The best free car ever!
By sideiwnder13us

1996 Buick Roadmaster Estate 4dr Wagon

I was driving a 1986 v6 5 speed camaro that I got for $100.00 for 2 yrs. It was on its last broken leg. I was told of this 96 ESTATE WAGON for free. the old man was sick & dieing his family said If you want it you can have it. It's got just under 300. miles on it and it needed a fuel pump & a battery that I got out of my camaro. I have had it for 2 yrs now & I love it.

(FREE) for me.

Make a 2011. I would like to see it.