Best car GM ever built
By fr88 on
1995 Buick Roadmaster Estate 4dr Wagon
I love my Roadmaster wagon! 205K miles and the car still looks and drives like new. Outstanding powertrain that is trouble-free and completely bulletproof. Tow package (look for engine driven fan under the hood) adds extra level of durability. I recommend it highly. The Gran Touring suspension gives extra level of control and comfort. The seats are orthopedic in design and allow hours of comfortable cruising. Cargo area can haul 4' x 8' sheets of plywood flat - something most SUV's can't manage. Gas economy exceeds the best of the big SUV's: 15-17 in city, 23-25 highway. Stunning power from LT1 engine. Cadillac luxury, SUV versatility, Toyota reliability. Perfect combination.
Favorite Features
The powerful, silky drivetrain! The comfort, the versatility, the low cost of maintenance (except for the 100k Opti-Spark service). I even like the looks of these whales. Finally, I love the fact that it is the last full- size woody station wagon. Mine is Dark Cherry with matching leather. Nice.
Suggested Improvements
Window track rollers break (upgraded replacement now available). Decal on "wood" trim rail strips delaminates easily. Black rub strips can come un-glued. All of these items are easily fixed and are the only significant shortcomings I can think of. Miss the full instrumention of the 1991-1993's.