1995 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Buick Roadmaster - Consumer Reviews

1995 Roadmaster Consumer Reviews

Estate 5.7L V8 4-speed Automatic - (8 reviews )

Sort Reviews by

They said it wouldn't last
By Darryl

1995 Buick Roadmaster Wagon Estate 4dr Wagon

This is best car I've ever drove that the experience grows on you.I hear people say they love it and I am feeling the same.I get a thrill just sitting in it,so looking forward to a trip soon will be like experiencing one of the seven wonders of the world.One person ranted about what a mistake it would be to buy this but man were they wrong.The experience of driving it grows on you continually,every ride is an experience in ecstacy funneling the thought till I can get on the road with it.I will only drive it on the highway and thats where it shines most.It did have a couple of very small dents,one on the wheel well edge,but the 1st and only body shop I went to,wanted 400 for ea dent.Not today

Favorite Features

Everything,wide seats,the engine power surprises me constantly.I wish I could be the passenger in the back seats.Their spacious with room to think.

Suggested Improvements

The metal is not thick enough,when you feel the fenders you can feel them give,of course thats alot of territory for fender to cover,so a little give is noticeiable.I suppose I will experience the window problems like everybody else sooner or later,but it is still and act in meditation riding in it.

Best Car I've Owned
By morgankhat

1995 Buick Roadmaster Wagon Estate 4dr Wagon

The GM product is probably one of the most versatile cars I have ever owned. (Car, as in automobile, not pickup truck, not a truck based SUV, or even a half assed "crossover".) It will haul 7 adults (8 in a pinch) or 4 adults with 2 weeks worth of luggage, all inside the vehicle...no roof racks, trailers or hitch platforms. The cargo area will handle a couple dozen 4x8 sheets of plywood or a 5 drawer lateral file cabinet. It will tow 7000 pounds without a whimper, in cruise, up a 5% grade, at 55 mph. In normal use (no 7000 pound trailers) it gets 17-19 mpg in town and 24 on the highway.

Favorite Features

Ride, comfort, power, hauling capacity, and fuel economy, considering the size of the car.

Suggested Improvements

Beef up the ignition system. Had to replace mine twice.

Best car GM ever built
By fr88

1995 Buick Roadmaster Wagon Estate 4dr Wagon

I love my Roadmaster wagon! 205K miles and the car still looks and drives like new. Outstanding powertrain that is trouble-free and completely bulletproof. Tow package (look for engine driven fan under the hood) adds extra level of durability. I recommend it highly. The Gran Touring suspension gives extra level of control and comfort. The seats are orthopedic in design and allow hours of comfortable cruising. Cargo area can haul 4' x 8' sheets of plywood flat - something most SUV's can't manage. Gas economy exceeds the best of the big SUV's: 15-17 in city, 23-25 highway. Stunning power from LT1 engine. Cadillac luxury, SUV versatility, Toyota reliability. Perfect combination.

Favorite Features

The powerful, silky drivetrain! The comfort, the versatility, the low cost of maintenance (except for the 100k Opti-Spark service). I even like the looks of these whales. Finally, I love the fact that it is the last full- size woody station wagon. Mine is Dark Cherry with matching leather. Nice.

Suggested Improvements

Window track rollers break (upgraded replacement now available). Decal on "wood" trim rail strips delaminates easily. Black rub strips can come un-glued. All of these items are easily fixed and are the only significant shortcomings I can think of. Miss the full instrumention of the 1991-1993's.

Was a big mistake to stop making them.
By Bob Young

1995 Buick Roadmaster Wagon Estate 4dr Wagon

I do a lot of highway driving and always get close to or over 20 mpg driving 70-75 mph with the AC on. I play in a band and it hauls an upright bass, big speaker cabs, bass guitars, amp heads, etc. all at the same time very comfortably and with plenty of power at all times and even fits my wife. The car is very reliable, and the motor uses less than 1/4 of a quart of oil in 3000 miles with 96000 miles on the odometer. This car is a blast to drive and I get comments all the time, these are becoming classics and rightfully so. I'll take one of these over a roadhog SUV anyday and you can even see over them when you are in back of them. They ride like but handle much better than the old boats.

Favorite Features

Acceleration is phenomenal for a car this size and especially for one that gets good gas mileage. The car rides very well, handles well and surprises the occasional kid who thinks he's going to blow off this big grampy car at a light.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvment I can think of is for Detroit to make them again!

Roadmaster Love
By fmeveritt

1995 Buick Roadmaster Wagon Estate 4dr Wagon

Our beautiful, powerful, comfortable, and reliable Roadmaster has seen our family of three children and three dogs through thick and thin and always been there for us. We have talked heart-to-heart while taking long trips to the Northeast; we have lovingly polished and nurtured her; we have humbly accepted the accolades of teenage parking-lot attendants while going over the attributes of her 5.7L Corvette engine, which moves this baby out when she wants to. As one of the best representatives of a dying breed-- the American Station Wagon--she is nonpariel; it is up to Dodge to take up the mantle, but as wonderful as the chopped Magnum is, it will never rise to the level of the Roadmaster.

Favorite Features

The heated seats on a winter day; her front bench seat which still allows my wife or daughter to sleep in my lap on a long trip; throwing our Christmas tree on the roof and tying her down; piling in full 4X8 sheets of plywood from Home Depot, flat, in the wayback. Her power and grace.

Suggested Improvements

Build her again! And do right by the exterior wood trim--do it real.

1995 Buick Roadmaster wagon
By richard774

1995 Buick Roadmaster Wagon Estate 4dr Wagon

this is 3rd roadmaster wagon i have had. as with the others, i found the car to be basically very strong and solid and nice to drive. alot of power. these cars seem to last extremely long with basic maintenance. one of them has accumulated over 440,000 miles without major repairs except for transmission once. the only problem area is its somewhat common to have things like interior switches and buttons break or malfunction. too many unnecessary electronic gadgets have caused me to have electrical problems from time to time.

Favorite Features

comfortable and easy to drive. its also very versatile. can actually take a bigger load than a small truck i have when rear seats are down, but rides and drives like a Cadillac. basically, very strong and durable car with long life

Suggested Improvements

less elecronic gadgets. changing complicated digital climate control panel with simple one with rotary knobs would be an example. interior buttons/switches are weak and break often. interior door panels are particularly flimsy.

1995 Buick Roadmaster Estate Ltd
By DonD

1995 Buick Roadmaster Wagon Estate 4dr Wagon

Perfect car to help with transporting all family needs during the upbringing- of-kids age. This is the fifth GM wagon we have had and we don't know how we would have been without it. It served for all of the 'carrying kids days', through the taking everything-to- college days...including taking everything from Virginia to Colorado several times. We have been most impressed with its capacity and power-when-needed (5.9 ltr engine). Sad to see that GM discontinued this line.

Favorite Features

Power; capacity; third seat

Suggested Improvements

Continue making them!

Solid alternative for family
By TomD

1995 Buick Roadmaster Wagon Estate 4dr Wagon

Very comfortable and reliable. Interior finish is not too hot although fairly well appointed. A great alternative to SUV and Minivans (both of which I've tried to avoid at all costs). Recieved as a hand-me-down from my father w/very low miles, I look forward to alot of easy drving years.

Favorite Features

Power and smooth cruising ride.

Suggested Improvements

More solid interior construction