1995 Buick Roadmaster Wagon - Consumer Reviews

Estate 5.7L V8 4-speed Automatic - (8 reviews )
They said it wouldn't last
By Darryl on 03/03/09 18:39 PM (PST)

1995 Buick Roadmaster Wagon Estate 4dr Wagon

This is best car I've ever drove that the experience grows on you.I hear people say they love it and I am feeling the same.I get a thrill just sitting in it,so looking forward to a trip soon will be like experiencing one of the seven wonders of the world.One person ranted about what a mistake it would be to buy this but man were they wrong.The experience of driving it grows on you continually,every ride is an experience in ecstacy funneling the thought till I can get on the road with it.I will only drive it on the highway and thats where it shines most.It did have a couple of very small dents,one on the wheel well edge,but the 1st and only body shop I went to,wanted 400 for ea dent.Not today

Best Car I've Owned
By morgankhat on 01/14/09 14:50 PM (PST)

1995 Buick Roadmaster Wagon Estate 4dr Wagon

The GM product is probably one of the most versatile cars I have ever owned. (Car, as in automobile, not pickup truck, not a truck based SUV, or even a half assed "crossover".) It will haul 7 adults (8 in a pinch) or 4 adults with 2 weeks worth of luggage, all inside the vehicle...no roof racks, trailers or hitch platforms. The cargo area will handle a couple dozen 4x8 sheets of plywood or a 5 drawer lateral file cabinet. It will tow 7000 pounds without a whimper, in cruise, up a 5% grade, at 55 mph. In normal use (no 7000 pound trailers) it gets 17-19 mpg in town and 24 on the highway.

Best car GM ever built
By fr88 on 12/15/08 08:50 AM (PST)

1995 Buick Roadmaster Wagon Estate 4dr Wagon

I love my Roadmaster wagon! 205K miles and the car still looks and drives like new. Outstanding powertrain that is trouble-free and completely bulletproof. Tow package (look for engine driven fan under the hood) adds extra level of durability. I recommend it highly. The Gran Touring suspension gives extra level of control and comfort. The seats are orthopedic in design and allow hours of comfortable cruising. Cargo area can haul 4' x 8' sheets of plywood flat - something most SUV's can't manage. Gas economy exceeds the best of the big SUV's: 15-17 in city, 23-25 highway. Stunning power from LT1 engine. Cadillac luxury, SUV versatility, Toyota reliability. Perfect combination.

Was a big mistake to stop making them.
By Bob Young on 06/16/07 19:11 PM (PDT)

1995 Buick Roadmaster Wagon Estate 4dr Wagon

I do a lot of highway driving and always get close to or over 20 mpg driving 70-75 mph with the AC on. I play in a band and it hauls an upright bass, big speaker cabs, bass guitars, amp heads, etc. all at the same time very comfortably and with plenty of power at all times and even fits my wife. The car is very reliable, and the motor uses less than 1/4 of a quart of oil in 3000 miles with 96000 miles on the odometer. This car is a blast to drive and I get comments all the time, these are becoming classics and rightfully so. I'll take one of these over a roadhog SUV anyday and you can even see over them when you are in back of them. They ride like but handle much better than the old boats.

Roadmaster Love
By fmeveritt on 06/07/06 10:08 AM (PDT)

1995 Buick Roadmaster Wagon Estate 4dr Wagon

Our beautiful, powerful, comfortable, and reliable Roadmaster has seen our family of three children and three dogs through thick and thin and always been there for us. We have talked heart-to-heart while taking long trips to the Northeast; we have lovingly polished and nurtured her; we have humbly accepted the accolades of teenage parking-lot attendants while going over the attributes of her 5.7L Corvette engine, which moves this baby out when she wants to. As one of the best representatives of a dying breed-- the American Station Wagon--she is nonpariel; it is up to Dodge to take up the mantle, but as wonderful as the chopped Magnum is, it will never rise to the level of the Roadmaster.

1995 Buick Roadmaster wagon
By richard774 on 07/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Buick Roadmaster Wagon Estate 4dr Wagon

this is 3rd roadmaster wagon i have had. as with the others, i found the car to be basically very strong and solid and nice to drive. alot of power. these cars seem to last extremely long with basic maintenance. one of them has accumulated over 440,000 miles without major repairs except for transmission once. the only problem area is its somewhat common to have things like interior switches and buttons break or malfunction. too many unnecessary electronic gadgets have caused me to have electrical problems from time to time.

1995 Buick Roadmaster Estate Ltd
By DonD on 03/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Buick Roadmaster Wagon Estate 4dr Wagon

Perfect car to help with transporting all family needs during the upbringing- of-kids age. This is the fifth GM wagon we have had and we don't know how we would have been without it. It served for all of the 'carrying kids days', through the taking everything-to- college days...including taking everything from Virginia to Colorado several times. We have been most impressed with its capacity and power-when-needed (5.9 ltr engine). Sad to see that GM discontinued this line.

Solid alternative for family
By TomD on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Buick Roadmaster Wagon Estate 4dr Wagon

Very comfortable and reliable. Interior finish is not too hot although fairly well appointed. A great alternative to SUV and Minivans (both of which I've tried to avoid at all costs). Recieved as a hand-me-down from my father w/very low miles, I look forward to alot of easy drving years.