1994 Buick Roadmaster Consumer Review: Replacement Towing Vehicle

1994 Buick Roadmaster - Consumer Review

Estate Wagon (5.7L V8 4-speed Automatic)

Replacement Towing Vehicle
By GEP10 on

1994 Buick Roadmaster Estate 4dr Wagon

This car was purchased to improve the 11-12 MPG we get towing our 3500 lb. camper with a full size van. It has the factory 5000 lb. tow package. I get 24- 25 MPG hwy (haven't done a full trip with the camper yet) and 15-16 city. The ride is great, the handling is surprisingly good (HD susp, factory air shocks + Air Lifts). The acceleration (has 2.93 posi, performance intake & exhaust, both very quiet) is strong enough to humiliate taunting (older) Mustang GT's. The easy to fold down seats (4x8 sheets fit flat) and 8 passenger capacity (my son's college buddies love it)make this car more versatile than our van. I have other cars but this old wagon puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.

Ride comfort, wide range of seat adjustment, easy to upgrade sound system, excellent grip in snow/ice (with 4 winter tires), thumbs up in Woodward Cruise, abundant aftermarket performance parts from Impala SS (A pillar gauges, intake, exhaust), sleeper looks, subtle dual exhaust, appreciating value

Upgrade flimsy plastic interior panels, needs tach & full set of gauges (added tach & trans oil temp gauge on A pillar pod from SS), more robust front cup holders, greater rear seat legroom, better rub strip retention, linearize fuel gauge (an inexpensive variable resistor fixes this issue)