Used 1994 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Buick Roadmaster Wagon - Consumer Reviews

Estate 5.7L V8 4-speed Automatic - (8 reviews )

watch out for this...its potentially deadly...
By malibuick

1994 Buick Roadmaster Wagon Estate 4dr Wagon

yesterday as i was going from neutral to reverse in my driveway.the throttle raced to full and i couldn't stop the car.i ran into my house going about 35 miles an hour and totalled the car and broke my collarbone and obviously messed up the house too.it happened so fast and it went at full speed that i didn't have time to turn off the engine thinking it was just a stuck pedal...but it wasn't and it only stopped on impact.the airbags never deployed and i still haven't removed the car from the house...i was alone thankfully or else there could have been a far more serious outcome. has anyone else experienced this???? i had no warning the '94 wagon has 100k miles on it and is in 9.5 shape.

[violative content deleted]

need help from others who have experienced this problem..my insurance wants to blame me for the accident...

Greatest car ever
By j.emerson

1994 Buick Roadmaster Wagon Estate 4dr Wagon

There is no other car on the market like this gem. It is very spacious, powerful yet good fuel economy due to its aerodynamic design and very reliable. I have a 5.7 ltr. and a tow package with a trans.cooler. Have climbed west out of Needles, CA at a blistering 120 deg.F, 80 mph.on cruise with the air on and the temp. needle never went over half. Its got 150k miles and performs like the day I bought it. Love the two way tailgate and and 3rd fold up seat in the back. Great family car and work horse all in one. I can lay 4X8'plywood sheets flat with the rear seat down and has been very handy for construction jobs. Are you listening GM?

Spacious, dual tailgate, 3rd seat, trans. cooler, powerful engine, aerodynamic design = fuel economy.

Clear coat on metallic paint deteriorated in sun and heat.

Replacement Towing Vehicle
By GEP10

1994 Buick Roadmaster Wagon Estate 4dr Wagon

This car was purchased to improve the 11-12 MPG we get towing our 3500 lb. camper with a full size van. It has the factory 5000 lb. tow package. I get 24- 25 MPG hwy (haven't done a full trip with the camper yet) and 15-16 city. The ride is great, the handling is surprisingly good (HD susp, factory air shocks + Air Lifts). The acceleration (has 2.93 posi, performance intake & exhaust, both very quiet) is strong enough to humiliate taunting (older) Mustang GT's. The easy to fold down seats (4x8 sheets fit flat) and 8 passenger capacity (my son's college buddies love it)make this car more versatile than our van. I have other cars but this old wagon puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.

Ride comfort, wide range of seat adjustment, easy to upgrade sound system, excellent grip in snow/ice (with 4 winter tires), thumbs up in Woodward Cruise, abundant aftermarket performance parts from Impala SS (A pillar gauges, intake, exhaust), sleeper looks, subtle dual exhaust, appreciating value

Upgrade flimsy plastic interior panels, needs tach & full set of gauges (added tach & trans oil temp gauge on A pillar pod from SS), more robust front cup holders, greater rear seat legroom, better rub strip retention, linearize fuel gauge (an inexpensive variable resistor fixes this issue)

Buick Wagon Going Strong
By Charles

1994 Buick Roadmaster Wagon Estate 4dr Wagon

Purchased new and still own this large eight passenger vehicle. Used primarily for road trips between homes and occasional tow of boat or trailer. Practically no repairs in 14 years, changed fluids two years ago, have some difficulty keeping side rubber securely attached is only problem. Wish I could buy a new one today. Car is very comfortable and has quick modified Corvette engine and still gets about 22 on road with regular fuel. Quite a package.

Engine and smooth ride

Better glue on side rubber.

Beats My Wife's Mercedes 380 SEL
By Mario Bruno

1994 Buick Roadmaster Wagon Estate 4dr Wagon

I was going to sell my Buick because I bought a Mercedes 380SEL for my wife. After driving the Benz,I decided to keep the RoadMonster. The ride is plush without sacraficing handling. It also feels that it can haul a trailer and take a beating the car sits on a ladder frame, very durable. Power is great with great gas milage on regular fuel. Realize we are talking about a car that weighs 4500 lbs, the Benz weighs 4600 lbs.The ride on the Benz is OK you do feel the road and it bumbs, Europian.If you want to hopup the car look at Impala SS.We've put 45,000 commute miles since we bought it 19 months ago with no major repairs done or in sight.