Used 1994 Buick Roadmaster Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Buick Roadmaster - Consumer Reviews

1994 Buick Roadmaster

View reviews for a specific Roadmaster model:

watch out for this...its potentially deadly...
By malibuick

1994 Buick Roadmaster Estate 4dr Wagon

yesterday as i was going from neutral to reverse in my driveway.the throttle raced to full and i couldn't stop the car.i ran into my house going about 35 miles an hour and totalled the car and broke my collarbone and obviously messed up the house too.it happened so fast and it went at full speed that i didn't have time to turn off the engine thinking it was just a stuck pedal...but it wasn't and it only stopped on impact.the airbags never deployed and i still haven't removed the car from the house...i was alone thankfully or else there could have been a far more serious outcome. has anyone else experienced this???? i had no warning the '94 wagon has 100k miles on it and is in 9.5 shape.

Favorite Features

[violative content deleted]

Suggested Improvements

need help from others who have experienced this problem..my insurance wants to blame me for the accident...

Great ride and quick
By Chuck Thomas

1994 Buick Roadmaster Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a mechanic. He took great care of it. I bought it about 9 mos. ago with 150k now I have 165k on it and no problems at all. The car has the Corvette LT-1 engine. It pulls the heavy car easily with great acceleration. Handleing is fine and brakeing is very good. Sitting in the car in front or back reminds you of sitting at home in your living room. The gripes I have, better gas milage, car is not good on wet roads, some of the rubber gaskets around doors tend to peel off, other than that no problem. If you want a heavy, comfortable fast car, this is the one. Like the cars of years back when gas was cheap and cars were made with plenty of steel.Nicecar to own

Favorite Features

Car is dependable (so far) and acceleration is very good. Gas cap is located under license plate,so you can get gas from either pump no more waiting for gas. Ride extremely comfortable, especially on long trips. Passes from 50 to 65 with no lag and car keeps going up.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe lighten the rear so it would handle better on wet roads without the back slipping out on fast turns. Some cosmetic adjustments made on small details on car. Gas milage only 16 city and 19 highway. This car is 16 yrs. I guess improvements have been made. Other than that car is fine.

Greatest car ever
By j.emerson

1994 Buick Roadmaster Estate 4dr Wagon

There is no other car on the market like this gem. It is very spacious, powerful yet good fuel economy due to its aerodynamic design and very reliable. I have a 5.7 ltr. and a tow package with a trans.cooler. Have climbed west out of Needles, CA at a blistering 120 deg.F, 80 mph.on cruise with the air on and the temp. needle never went over half. Its got 150k miles and performs like the day I bought it. Love the two way tailgate and and 3rd fold up seat in the back. Great family car and work horse all in one. I can lay 4X8'plywood sheets flat with the rear seat down and has been very handy for construction jobs. Are you listening GM?

Favorite Features

Spacious, dual tailgate, 3rd seat, trans. cooler, powerful engine, aerodynamic design = fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

Clear coat on metallic paint deteriorated in sun and heat.

Replacement Towing Vehicle
By GEP10

1994 Buick Roadmaster Estate 4dr Wagon

This car was purchased to improve the 11-12 MPG we get towing our 3500 lb. camper with a full size van. It has the factory 5000 lb. tow package. I get 24- 25 MPG hwy (haven't done a full trip with the camper yet) and 15-16 city. The ride is great, the handling is surprisingly good (HD susp, factory air shocks + Air Lifts). The acceleration (has 2.93 posi, performance intake & exhaust, both very quiet) is strong enough to humiliate taunting (older) Mustang GT's. The easy to fold down seats (4x8 sheets fit flat) and 8 passenger capacity (my son's college buddies love it)make this car more versatile than our van. I have other cars but this old wagon puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.

Favorite Features

Ride comfort, wide range of seat adjustment, easy to upgrade sound system, excellent grip in snow/ice (with 4 winter tires), thumbs up in Woodward Cruise, abundant aftermarket performance parts from Impala SS (A pillar gauges, intake, exhaust), sleeper looks, subtle dual exhaust, appreciating value

Suggested Improvements

Upgrade flimsy plastic interior panels, needs tach & full set of gauges (added tach & trans oil temp gauge on A pillar pod from SS), more robust front cup holders, greater rear seat legroom, better rub strip retention, linearize fuel gauge (an inexpensive variable resistor fixes this issue)

Buick Wagon Going Strong
By Charles

1994 Buick Roadmaster Estate 4dr Wagon

Purchased new and still own this large eight passenger vehicle. Used primarily for road trips between homes and occasional tow of boat or trailer. Practically no repairs in 14 years, changed fluids two years ago, have some difficulty keeping side rubber securely attached is only problem. Wish I could buy a new one today. Car is very comfortable and has quick modified Corvette engine and still gets about 22 on road with regular fuel. Quite a package.

Favorite Features

Engine and smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

Better glue on side rubber.