1994 Buick Roadmaster - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Roadmaster model:
watch out for this...its potentially deadly...
By malibuick on 11/07/11 19:07 PM (PST)

1994 Buick Roadmaster Estate 4dr Wagon

yesterday as i was going from neutral to reverse in my driveway.the throttle raced to full and i couldn't stop the car.i ran into my house going about 35 miles an hour and totalled the car and broke my collarbone and obviously messed up the house too.it happened so fast and it went at full speed that i didn't have time to turn off the engine thinking it was just a stuck pedal...but it wasn't and it only stopped on impact.the airbags never deployed and i still haven't removed the car from the house...i was alone thankfully or else there could have been a far more serious outcome. has anyone else experienced this???? i had no warning the '94 wagon has 100k miles on it and is in 9.5 shape.

Great ride and quick
By Chuck Thomas on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Buick Roadmaster Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a mechanic. He took great care of it. I bought it about 9 mos. ago with 150k now I have 165k on it and no problems at all. The car has the Corvette LT-1 engine. It pulls the heavy car easily with great acceleration. Handleing is fine and brakeing is very good. Sitting in the car in front or back reminds you of sitting at home in your living room. The gripes I have, better gas milage, car is not good on wet roads, some of the rubber gaskets around doors tend to peel off, other than that no problem. If you want a heavy, comfortable fast car, this is the one. Like the cars of years back when gas was cheap and cars were made with plenty of steel.Nicecar to own

Greatest car ever
By j.emerson on 10/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Buick Roadmaster Estate 4dr Wagon

There is no other car on the market like this gem. It is very spacious, powerful yet good fuel economy due to its aerodynamic design and very reliable. I have a 5.7 ltr. and a tow package with a trans.cooler. Have climbed west out of Needles, CA at a blistering 120 deg.F, 80 mph.on cruise with the air on and the temp. needle never went over half. Its got 150k miles and performs like the day I bought it. Love the two way tailgate and and 3rd fold up seat in the back. Great family car and work horse all in one. I can lay 4X8'plywood sheets flat with the rear seat down and has been very handy for construction jobs. Are you listening GM?

Replacement Towing Vehicle
By GEP10 on 12/29/08 08:52 AM (PST)

1994 Buick Roadmaster Estate 4dr Wagon

This car was purchased to improve the 11-12 MPG we get towing our 3500 lb. camper with a full size van. It has the factory 5000 lb. tow package. I get 24- 25 MPG hwy (haven't done a full trip with the camper yet) and 15-16 city. The ride is great, the handling is surprisingly good (HD susp, factory air shocks + Air Lifts). The acceleration (has 2.93 posi, performance intake & exhaust, both very quiet) is strong enough to humiliate taunting (older) Mustang GT's. The easy to fold down seats (4x8 sheets fit flat) and 8 passenger capacity (my son's college buddies love it)make this car more versatile than our van. I have other cars but this old wagon puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.

Buick Wagon Going Strong
By Charles on 08/08/08 13:26 PM (PDT)

1994 Buick Roadmaster Estate 4dr Wagon

Purchased new and still own this large eight passenger vehicle. Used primarily for road trips between homes and occasional tow of boat or trailer. Practically no repairs in 14 years, changed fluids two years ago, have some difficulty keeping side rubber securely attached is only problem. Wish I could buy a new one today. Car is very comfortable and has quick modified Corvette engine and still gets about 22 on road with regular fuel. Quite a package.

Love my RoadMonster!
By Road_Monster on 12/27/05 19:27 PM (PST)

1994 Buick Roadmaster 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1994 Roadmaster in August, 2003. This car has a following, like it's "B Body" brothers: The Impala SS, and Caprice. The Roadmaster, Impala SS, and Caprice share the same chassis, LT1 V8 engine, 4L60E transmission, etc. My particular car has a gray leather interior. It is extremely comforatable and the leather is durable. On the road, this car is amazing. Lots of power, comfortable ride, and the safe feeling only a large rear wheel drive car can give you. These cars were built to last. Mine is almost twelve years old now. It does not burn or leak a drop of oil! They are truly a bargain, for the ride, performance, and safety they provide.

Road-Disaster
By josh97056 on 04/29/05 17:51 PM (PDT)

1994 Buick Roadmaster Limited 4dr Sedan

This vehicle has been nothing but trouble since the day I bought it, It spends most of it's time in the driveway because I can't afford to keep up on the repairs. I have driven it only 30,000 miles in 4 years. I have had to replace the starter twice, water pump twice, Opti-spark distrbutor system twice ($350 part) are you starting to see a pattern here, basically everything breaks twice. One time the front suspension system failed and the right wheel feel off while I was driving, luckily I didnt crash. The electrical system also has several problems, as the door locks, interior lights, lumbar support and trunk release all quit working, additionally the vehicle will not stay aligned.

Beats My Wife's Mercedes 380 SEL
By Mario Bruno on 07/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Buick Roadmaster Estate 4dr Wagon

I was going to sell my Buick because I bought a Mercedes 380SEL for my wife. After driving the Benz,I decided to keep the RoadMonster. The ride is plush without sacraficing handling. It also feels that it can haul a trailer and take a beating the car sits on a ladder frame, very durable. Power is great with great gas milage on regular fuel. Realize we are talking about a car that weighs 4500 lbs, the Benz weighs 4600 lbs.The ride on the Benz is OK you do feel the road and it bumbs, Europian.If you want to hopup the car look at Impala SS.We've put 45,000 commute miles since we bought it 19 months ago with no major repairs done or in sight.

Best Kept Secret
By Kwame Davis on 06/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Buick Roadmaster Limited 4dr Sedan

For the decision makers at GM, start production on this car again. I bought the one I own back in 1994 and it has been performing wonderfully. It's time for me to get a new car and I want another Buick Roadmaster. I like the Corvette engine GM modified and put in this thing, it flies. The prices is right too!

Road Master Estate wagon
By jas 1 on 05/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Buick Roadmaster Estate 4dr Wagon

Beautiful ride and power...very comfortable in town and out on the highway....all kind of wather, and any number of passengers and luggage...fantastic