Used 1992 Buick Roadmaster Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Buick Roadmaster - Consumer Reviews

1992 Buick Roadmaster Sedan

View reviews for a specific Roadmaster model:

The "Baby Limo"
By Joe Gray

1992 Buick Roadmaster Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I wanted a bigger safer car in 1997 then became 2nd owner at 68K miles. New tranny at 122K. New heater core at 130K. Two alternators, 3 or 4 mufflers. Rubber door trim won't stay on, I re- glue it, but looks OK if I don't wanna bother at the time. I rely on rear side view mirrors when changing lanes on the freeway - has a blindspot. Primary around town driving is in Drive, not OD. I've bought tires once, highway, not all season. This car is not for sale and I drive it everyday.

Favorite Features

The comfort, the power and the cost to insure. The safety - an SUV will flip way before this thing - it's not even close! I like all the various courtesy lights - they're everywhere! Door panels have pockets to tuck things, space and comfort - again. But it's all about the power, really surprises!

Suggested Improvements

Put the Buick trademark "airholes" on the side of each front fender, add a small fridge in the trunk and make it again. There's time, I won't need another one for 3-4 years!

My big bad boat
By Roadmaster

1992 Buick Roadmaster Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a priviate owner for my kid that was getting ready to graduate and end up keeping it for myself. The only problem i have had with it was, the radiatior drain plug came out on me. It was rough looking, but a very sound car.

Favorite Features

The ride and accelartion. I love that big motor. Fuel was not bad at all.

Suggested Improvements

They need to keep building them. Needed less dash and more leg room in front and back

Best car I ever owned
By mark

1992 Buick Roadmaster Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

Great car. Handles great, drives great. Good gas mileage for a big car. Most comfortable car I've been in, in a long time. I love my car

Outstanding
By Billy Little

1992 Buick Roadmaster Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I have driven this car for 210,000 miles (it has 240,000)with no major problems. I have changed the starter, radiator and an airconditioning hose. Other than the normal tires, batteries and lube schedule, nothing else has been done. I still average 20 mile to the gallon and can not even tell it is running while it idles.

Favorite Features

The main feature is the performance I have received. Next is the riding comfort. With 240,000 miles, it rides as good as when I bought it and it was excellent then.

Suggested Improvements

I just with they had not stopped making them.

92 RoadMaster
By Frank Livingston

1992 Buick Roadmaster Sedan 4dr Sedan

Very comfortable to ride.Highway gas mileage about 20/gal, city about 13. Front brakes just now replaced at 68000 but had .125 in. left. Red maple paint is like new. Tires are now new on the front and the rears has about 15000 on. Radiator had to be new about 20000 mi. Heater had to have the blower control replaced two years ago.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, low wind noise. Load is leveled. Looks very good

Suggested Improvements

About 4 dings in the right rear door and the left moulding is slightly away from the rear door