1992 Buick Roadmaster - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Roadmaster model:
Will not quit
By rdmoore on 06/18/11 05:12 AM (PDT)

1992 Buick Roadmaster Estate 4dr Wagon

Bought my Roadmaster with 38K in 1997. Now has 315K and STILL runs and drives better than the other cars we have owned. It is the go-to car for towing our travel trailer, and everything else you can think of. Absolutely no rust and the paint still sparkles. The largest repair bill so far has been for a new radiator. When the engine and transmission finally quit I am happily going to put new ones in and keep going. This car owes us NOTHING.

Nice
By Dan on 09/05/09 19:41 PM (PDT)

1992 Buick Roadmaster Estate 4dr Wagon

Loved the car and sold it with 220,000 miles on it. Hauled everything we could throw at it or in it. Rust was a problem. Had new trans, fuel pump, radiator, exhaust, a/c compressor, shocks. Had all the usual changes as brakes, tires, ran Mobil 1 in it. MPG: 19 to 20 on a trip, 17 to 18 around town, 10 to 13 pulling 2 horses. 14 to 16 around town in winter.

My big bad boat
By Roadmaster on 05/28/08 10:11 AM (PDT)

1992 Buick Roadmaster 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a priviate owner for my kid that was getting ready to graduate and end up keeping it for myself. The only problem i have had with it was, the radiatior drain plug came out on me. It was rough looking, but a very sound car.

Great car!
By CJ on 05/16/08 08:07 AM (PDT)

1992 Buick Roadmaster Estate 4dr Wagon

I just purchased this car from the original owner. It is in great shape. I have put duel exhaust on mine because it only had a single exhaust this increased my fuel economy from 17.29 mpg to 17.79 mpg in town. The interior of these cars are amazing comfortable! My plans are to tint the back windows, a set of 15 inch draglites from American racing and a great sounding stereo. My kids love it! They would rather ride the dragon wagon than our new Taurus!

Best car I ever owned
By mark on 10/03/07 16:17 PM (PDT)

1992 Buick Roadmaster Limited 4dr Sedan

Great car. Handles great, drives great. Good gas mileage for a big car. Most comfortable car I've been in, in a long time. I love my car

Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon
By Al Stimson on 05/17/07 01:21 AM (PDT)

1992 Buick Roadmaster Estate 4dr Wagon

This has been an amazing automobile for our family. Purchased used in 1996 it served as the "Mother Wagon" dervied as a cross between the mother of all wagons and mon's daily duty hauler.

The "Baby Limo"
By Joe Gray on 03/06/07 21:56 PM (PST)

1992 Buick Roadmaster Limited 4dr Sedan

I wanted a bigger safer car in 1997 then became 2nd owner at 68K miles. New tranny at 122K. New heater core at 130K. Two alternators, 3 or 4 mufflers. Rubber door trim won't stay on, I re- glue it, but looks OK if I don't wanna bother at the time. I rely on rear side view mirrors when changing lanes on the freeway - has a blindspot. Primary around town driving is in Drive, not OD. I've bought tires once, highway, not all season. This car is not for sale and I drive it everyday.

Nicest Car on Planet
By delapidote on 01/07/07 09:08 AM (PST)

1992 Buick Roadmaster Estate 4dr Wagon

Since I bought this car, I have nothing but enjoyment out of driving it. I am the father of 3 kids so I needed extra seating capacity and storage room also. This car is very quiet and smooth running for a car of it's milage. It is loaded down with every feature for a price that everyone can afford. I really do love this car alot and affectionately refer to it as "the beast". It rides smooth as silk, tough as a tank, may use a little too much fuel but the ride is well worth it. And maintenance and repair on this car is easy and inexpensive which I think makes up for the fuel cost. If I had the money to buy a Hummer, I would buy this car instead.

92 RoadMaster
By Frank Livingston on 05/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Buick Roadmaster 4dr Sedan

Very comfortable to ride.Highway gas mileage about 20/gal, city about 13. Front brakes just now replaced at 68000 but had .125 in. left. Red maple paint is like new. Tires are now new on the front and the rears has about 15000 on. Radiator had to be new about 20000 mi. Heater had to have the blower control replaced two years ago.

Outstanding
By Billy Little on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Buick Roadmaster Limited 4dr Sedan

I have driven this car for 210,000 miles (it has 240,000)with no major problems. I have changed the starter, radiator and an airconditioning hose. Other than the normal tires, batteries and lube schedule, nothing else has been done. I still average 20 mile to the gallon and can not even tell it is running while it idles.