Used 1992 Buick Roadmaster Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Buick Roadmaster - Consumer Reviews

1992 Buick Roadmaster

View reviews for a specific Roadmaster model:

Will not quit
By rdmoore

1992 Buick Roadmaster Estate 4dr Wagon

Bought my Roadmaster with 38K in 1997. Now has 315K and STILL runs and drives better than the other cars we have owned. It is the go-to car for towing our travel trailer, and everything else you can think of. Absolutely no rust and the paint still sparkles. The largest repair bill so far has been for a new radiator. When the engine and transmission finally quit I am happily going to put new ones in and keep going. This car owes us NOTHING.

Favorite Features

Power everything and the kids love the Skyroof and the rear facing third row seat

Suggested Improvements

GM needs to learn how to build an interior with less plastic

Nice
By Dan

1992 Buick Roadmaster Estate 4dr Wagon

Loved the car and sold it with 220,000 miles on it. Hauled everything we could throw at it or in it. Rust was a problem. Had new trans, fuel pump, radiator, exhaust, a/c compressor, shocks. Had all the usual changes as brakes, tires, ran Mobil 1 in it. MPG: 19 to 20 on a trip, 17 to 18 around town, 10 to 13 pulling 2 horses. 14 to 16 around town in winter.

Favorite Features

Auto temp setting. The cushie ride. Lots of power.

Suggested Improvements

I'm 6' 3'', need more room up front. Wife is 5' 2'', needs a better seat height adjustment. Seat memory would be nice.

My big bad boat
By Roadmaster

1992 Buick Roadmaster 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a priviate owner for my kid that was getting ready to graduate and end up keeping it for myself. The only problem i have had with it was, the radiatior drain plug came out on me. It was rough looking, but a very sound car.

Favorite Features

The ride and accelartion. I love that big motor. Fuel was not bad at all.

Suggested Improvements

They need to keep building them. Needed less dash and more leg room in front and back

Great car!
By CJ

1992 Buick Roadmaster Estate 4dr Wagon

I just purchased this car from the original owner. It is in great shape. I have put duel exhaust on mine because it only had a single exhaust this increased my fuel economy from 17.29 mpg to 17.79 mpg in town. The interior of these cars are amazing comfortable! My plans are to tint the back windows, a set of 15 inch draglites from American racing and a great sounding stereo. My kids love it! They would rather ride the dragon wagon than our new Taurus!

Favorite Features

The ride is awesome! Great power for a huge car!

Suggested Improvements

Should have been a little taller in the rear with such a long wheel base, as I have installed air shocks to stop the dragging in and out of parking lots with 4 people in the car !

Best car I ever owned
By mark

1992 Buick Roadmaster Limited 4dr Sedan

Great car. Handles great, drives great. Good gas mileage for a big car. Most comfortable car I've been in, in a long time. I love my car