1999 Buick Riviera Coupe - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.8L V6 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic - (15 reviews )
Luxury Car
By Madstabber on 10/20/09 19:42 PM (PDT)

1999 Buick Riviera Coupe Supercharged 2dr Coupe

Have had this Riv for a couple months and the only problems have been the serpentine belt which defies logic by going through an engine mount and a disconnect in the passenger door handle. Car has every comfort feature for its time and the hightest guzzling Supercharger is a blast to jump on. Glad it's not a 4 door. Just perfect for this bald old fatman.

I hope my car "lives" forever!
By JoJoe on 07/29/09 22:35 PM (PDT)

1999 Buick Riviera Coupe Supercharged 2dr Coupe

I second the emotion of the owner who saidi "How could they stop selling this car?" Perhaps it is because everyone these days or maybe GM didn't market didn't market it right. I have always driven two-doors and this is my third Riviera. If anything happens to this car I will be in mourning!

Classic
By Lillian on 06/02/09 22:13 PM (PDT)

1999 Buick Riviera Coupe Supercharged 2dr Coupe

I love the body style,acceleration,interior design. Pearl exterior,lghtgray interior.Beautiful! Very comfortable car, luxury but sporty.I especially like how low to road it is and its wide wheel base.This car will go! I would love to buy another, the closest ive found to this body style was a jaguar. Makes me wonder why it was discontinued. Car is on the larger side, but you only realize it trying to park in small areas. Does not make sharp u-turns. Other than that this is the best car ive ever purchased. I am looking to purchase a convertable and am shocked that the blue book value for the riveria is less than 4k. NO WAY! Maybe i don't need a different car after all. Happy with what I have

Buick Rivera
By |Doris on 04/26/08 19:42 PM (PDT)

1999 Buick Riviera Coupe Supercharged 2dr Coupe

I had a 1998 Buick Rivera for 7 years, until last week when it was totaled in a car accident. Well |I just had to have another one. We looked for a week until my husband found me a 1999 like brand new. This car is great, I don't know why GM stopped making it.

Best American Car Ever
By Mike on 04/12/08 21:54 PM (PDT)

1999 Buick Riviera Coupe Supercharged 2dr Coupe

The 1999 Buick Riviera is a beautifully designed and built car that can compete in every way to the Japanese or European carmakers. In the 1980s and 1990s the Riviera became something of a highly decorative boat anchor, but with the supercharged 3800 it jumped into the performance car category. The 3800 alone is the best engine out there and to supercharge it , you have the combination of performance and reliability. Overall this is the best car I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot of cars.

What a great car!
By John on 07/09/05 10:54 AM (PDT)

1999 Buick Riviera Coupe Supercharged 2dr Coupe

Ever since I was old enough to appreciate fine automobiles I'd wanted a Corvette. I'd also grown over the years to admire the Riveria. 1999 rolled around. My wife and I found our sparkling diamond white dream car on the showroom floor and knew it had to be now or never if we were ever going to own a new one. Guess what? I don't want a Corvette anymore. Who needs it? This car is a keeper. I'll treasure it for the rest of my life.

1999 Buick Riv - last one
By Karen on 06/04/05 19:20 PM (PDT)

1999 Buick Riviera Coupe Supercharged 2dr Coupe

I looked for this car (used) for almost 1 yr. I am so glad I waited for the right one! I love it - dependable, fun to drive and one of a kind! I always get compliments on it! I love the white diamond color and comfy interior!

'96 Riviera a joy to have
By LDrunner on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Buick Riviera Coupe Supercharged 2dr Coupe

Have had car 7 weeks. Put almost 5000 miles on it and now near 94k. Have not put a dime into car and it has no issues to deal with. Starts instantly, plenty of power, room, comfort ,features and safety. Just figured my gas mileage is 28.4 for last 4000 miles, of which less than half is on interstates. My new Silverado has been parked since I got it

HOW COULD THEY STOP SELLING SUCH A GEM!
By CanadianGirl on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Buick Riviera Coupe Supercharged 2dr Coupe

I had my first Riv in '98 and put 40,000mi on it in 6mths so traded for a '99 - *the last of the best*. I've driven this one across Canada in the winter snow, I've commuted to Florida many times and it's a breeze. This car has more guts than most, is SO comfortable to drive, lots of trunk space (2nd only to the Caddy SeVille,) sharp looking, and is just plain SEXY. Why on earth did they stop making them? GM - ya goofed big time! (as you did with the Olds Touring Sedan.)

My Riv
By searsburggirl on 09/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Buick Riviera Coupe Supercharged 2dr Coupe

I have owned two Riviera's over the last four years and am sorry Buick has halted production on this very classy car. The Riviera's is one of the finest vehicles I have ever owned. They are comfortable, easy and fun to drive and handle very well (especially in the snow). Maintenace on both vehicles has been minimal. Head's turn when I drive this car!!