Used 1999 Buick Riviera Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Buick Riviera - Consumer Reviews

1999 Buick Riviera Coupe

Base 3.8L V6 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic - (15 reviews )

Luxury Car
By Madstabber

1999 Buick Riviera Coupe Supercharged 2dr Coupe

Have had this Riv for a couple months and the only problems have been the serpentine belt which defies logic by going through an engine mount and a disconnect in the passenger door handle. Car has every comfort feature for its time and the hightest guzzling Supercharger is a blast to jump on. Glad it's not a 4 door. Just perfect for this bald old fatman.

Favorite Features

Heated leather seats, Bill Porter styling, Infinity speakers, supercharger.

I hope my car "lives" forever!
By JoJoe

1999 Buick Riviera Coupe Supercharged 2dr Coupe

I second the emotion of the owner who saidi "How could they stop selling this car?" Perhaps it is because everyone these days or maybe GM didn't market didn't market it right. I have always driven two-doors and this is my third Riviera. If anything happens to this car I will be in mourning!

Favorite Features

I am nearly 70 years old and I still get a kick out of having kids pull up next to me, look the car over and rev their engines. I don't embarrass them by racing them.

Suggested Improvements

I've said it many times before: they have thought of everything on this car. The only thing I miss sometimes is the touch-screen computer that was on my '89.

Classic
By Lillian

1999 Buick Riviera Coupe Supercharged 2dr Coupe

I love the body style,acceleration,interior design. Pearl exterior,lghtgray interior.Beautiful! Very comfortable car, luxury but sporty.I especially like how low to road it is and its wide wheel base.This car will go! I would love to buy another, the closest ive found to this body style was a jaguar. Makes me wonder why it was discontinued. Car is on the larger side, but you only realize it trying to park in small areas. Does not make sharp u-turns. Other than that this is the best car ive ever purchased. I am looking to purchase a convertable and am shocked that the blue book value for the riveria is less than 4k. NO WAY! Maybe i don't need a different car after all. Happy with what I have

Favorite Features

Seat warmers, NICE! wood grain like dash. wide wheel base.

Suggested Improvements

Same car just make it with a hard top retractable convertable

Buick Rivera
By |Doris

1999 Buick Riviera Coupe Supercharged 2dr Coupe

I had a 1998 Buick Rivera for 7 years, until last week when it was totaled in a car accident. Well |I just had to have another one. We looked for a week until my husband found me a 1999 like brand new. This car is great, I don't know why GM stopped making it.

Favorite Features

Body style. Sunroof. Handle great. Smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

None. I love this car the way it is.

Best American Car Ever
By Mike

1999 Buick Riviera Coupe Supercharged 2dr Coupe

The 1999 Buick Riviera is a beautifully designed and built car that can compete in every way to the Japanese or European carmakers. In the 1980s and 1990s the Riviera became something of a highly decorative boat anchor, but with the supercharged 3800 it jumped into the performance car category. The 3800 alone is the best engine out there and to supercharge it , you have the combination of performance and reliability. Overall this is the best car I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot of cars.

Favorite Features

Supercharged 3800 and the clean lines.

Suggested Improvements

You can't improve on perfection!