1997 Buick Riviera Consumer Review: Love/Hate Relationship 97 Buic

1997 Buick Riviera - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (3.8L V6 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic)

Love/Hate Relationship 97 Buick Riviera
By holmslice88 on

1997 Buick Riviera Supercharged 2dr Coupe

I purchased the vehicle with 147,000 miles on it for $3,500 and thought it was the best car ever. I loved the leather interior with the single heated seat(only available on the drivers side.) It was such a smooth ride at first but once I hit 165,000 it wen't downhill. The Transmission blew and had to drop $2,500 unexpectedly to fix it. The door handle broke 3 times on the drivers side, keep in mind that the factory one is around $250. Issues with the crankshaft sensor and suspension happened around 190k miles. I managed to get it up to 220k miles....I'm honestly going to miss the ride and comfort but I am not going to miss the headache.

The leather seats and moonroof....The supercharger was pretty awesome!!!

Belt and pulleys broke 3 times, it wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have to take off the motor mounts in order to replace them. Don't go to the car wash with the radio on. The antenna got jammed and one day I walked up to my car and could hear the motor humming in the trunk. I unplugged it and decided to leave it. Paint faded on roof and the sunroof broke, I had to tap it slowly if I wanted to close it otherwise it would continue trying to open and make all sorts of terrible noises. The gas lid would always jam.