1997 Buick Riviera - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Riviera model:
Awesome
By lisa m on 09/14/07 18:56 PM (PDT)

1997 Buick Riviera Supercharged 2dr Coupe

Great car. I have had this car since 1997. I have driven to date 233,335. Amazing huh? Very roomy and reliable.

Above the trend
By turtleman on 06/10/07 21:31 PM (PDT)

1997 Buick Riviera Supercharged 2dr Coupe

Got it used with 150k miles - now at 160. It is an excellent car overall. Great power, utility, and exquisite design, in and out. The inside is just pure class and comfort with out the techno junk. Still looks great as far as paint and finish very solid chassis and drivetrain. Easy and effective to modify if your looking to improve performance. Not unreasonably expensive to buy.

Disappointed in Buick
By Bruce on 01/27/07 11:03 AM (PST)

1997 Buick Riviera Supercharged 2dr Coupe

Bought as a dealer certified vehicle. Transmission went out in 5 months at 79,000 miles and at 86,000 miles intake, power steering, old pan, and transmission pan all leaks and will cost more to fix than trade value. Car was serviced every 3000 miles

Last sharp-looking Buick
By LarryMit on 07/18/05 14:45 PM (PDT)

1997 Buick Riviera Supercharged 2dr Coupe

I finally got my Riviera since lusting after the 1963 model when it came out. This is the best looking American car since 1963 and the last good-looking one. If only Buick would make another Riviera like this, I'd consider buying another Buick. Oh, well!

1997 BUICK STD-RIVIERA
By Tompro on 12/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Buick Riviera 2dr Coupe

Traditonal smooth Buick ride. Reasonable gas mileage & accelateration but definately no speedster.

Best car ever owned
By Moto on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Buick Riviera Supercharged 2dr Coupe

This car is a joy to ride and at 6 years old still turns heads. Gas milage is great. Only problem I have had is the Traction control unit went bad and it's rather expensive to fix. Other then that, I still enjoy this car like the day I bought it!

Pleased as punch
By Lilolelady on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Buick Riviera Supercharged 2dr Coupe

This is our second Riviera. We traded a 2001 LeSabre for it and have not been sorry. Great ride, 30 mpg, quiet, comfortable and handles amazingly well for a front drive full size ride. It's a keeper.

Best car I ever owned!
By freiselt on 07/31/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Buick Riviera Supercharged 2dr Coupe

I bought this car when I took a job that required a lot of travel and wanted a comfortable car for long trips. It has fulfilled that task very well. Reliability has been great. I've only had to replace the water pump, spark plugs, etc. Normal maintenance. Changed oil every 3,000 miles and it has always gotten me around in style and comfort.

My Riv
By duedetroyer on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Buick Riviera Supercharged 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used and have really loved it. Fun to drive, comfortable, handles well except when the tires are flat and you try to get out of the median after being run off the road. But it still went.

GREAT CAR
By BuickDude on 02/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Buick Riviera 2dr Coupe

Be sure and get an extended warranty $1800 - intake $320 - alt $180 - antenna $150 - auto trunk release