1997 Buick Riviera Consumer Review: 1997 Buick Riviera 2 Dr STD Sp

1997 Buick Riviera - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (3.8L V6 Supercharger 4-speed Automatic)

1997 Buick Riviera 2 Dr STD Sprchgd Coup
By Gr8engineer on

1997 Buick Riviera Supercharged 2dr Coupe

I bought this car, brand new, right off the show room floor. We added a Wood View, dash and council kit. This car, with all the options, and additions, equaled the same model Cadillac, for $7000 dollars less. Those years of Cadillac had nothing but problems, this car had almost none. Had to replace water pump.

This car is my long distance "Las Vegas" machine. When I pull onto the interstate, it wants to head to Vegas! Most comfortable car I have ever owned. When we cross the high mountain passes, when everyone is having trouble getting up those long stretches, the supercharger kicks in, and ADIOS to all!

Door locking system sometimes shorts out, and clicks on/off constantly. This locking system is "World Class Junk".
By kbondra
on 09/17/14 02:29 AM (PDT)

Replace your ignition switch.

By tndirtdauber
on 10/03/11 10:51 AM (PDT)

recently purchased 97 riv w/ super. am having problems with the passive security. my key doesnt shut off security light and sometimes have to wait 5- 10 min to start car. any thoughts on how to remedy? dealer wants to repl. switch for 4-5 hund...