1995 Buick Riviera Consumer Review: Still Happy After 2.5 Years

1995 Buick Riviera - Consumer Review

Still Happy After 2.5 Years
By BigTexKahuna on

1995 Buick Riviera Supercharged 2dr Coupe

I offered a review 2.5 years ago, and I thought I'd give an update. Had to rebuild tranny nearly 1 year after purchase- $1800. That was a surprise, but nothing major since. Only expected, non-surprising things: replace radiator- $300, fix pssngr-side pwr window- $120, replace noisy supercharger- $750. I added custom-made cold-air induction, modified exhaust... car really screams now! Added 18" chrome wheels, manual air shocks, custom dark-blue paint with red pin-stripes, and a kick-butt sound system. I receive a lot of admiration, and I am always asked, "What kind of car is that?" I did lose the steering wheel control features due to factory sound system shorting out. I miss that luxury!

Still a great, comfortable ride. The rarity of this car... not too many around in as good shape as mine. Supercharged V-6, after my mods, resulted in outstanding performance. Too bad engine has a governor, otherwise I'm sure it would reach 120+ mph!

Bring the Riviera back, GM...