Another Great 'Big' American Coupe
By BigTexKahuna on
1995 Buick Riviera Supercharged 2dr Coupe
I bought this car from an old friend, and I remember the day he got it, so I know it well. I've had it for one month, and I find driving it very enjoyable. The SC-V6 is powerful enough to effortlessly pull this big coupe, the tranny shifts smoothly. Amazingly quiet inside, leather seating is comfortable and very roomy throughout. Slightly short on headroom- definitely can't wear my cowboy hat while driving. Mine has the power split bench-seat option with column shifter. Changed struts, mounts and boots, so suspension is like new. Car is getting custom paint job. I have 18" chrome wheels and tires on order. Will have windows tinted soon and upgrade speakers. Overall a fun car to drive!
Favorite Features
Sound system and A/C controls on steering wheel. Easy 1-touch cruise control. Supercharger. Pretty good gas mileage, but you best burn premium w/SC option. Above all, I love the somewhat eccentric styling and simple instrument panel layout. This is one of those love 'em or hate 'em cars. I love mine!
Suggested Improvements
Cup-holders would've been nice, and a super quality sound system, too. I would love to have seen a V8 option, like stuffing a 300+ hp Northstar engine under the hood, and slapping on some 17" or 18" performance tires and wheels. Oh well, a guy has the right to dream, right?