1995 Buick Riviera Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Riviera model:
Love my Riv!
By th3fr4nchi5e on 08/22/13 16:05 PM (PDT)

1995 Buick Riviera Coupe Supercharged 2dr Coupe

I've had my Riv for almost 4 years now. 178k mi on the clock. It was my first car and I've loved it since the day I got it. It was professionally repainted with some custom touches by my dad and I am asked what it is all the time. Its lightly modded with much more in the future and pulls excellent. My only expense aside from regular maintenance was the original Tranny died at 169k miles. A comment for other owners: I see alot of people having the Supercharger replaced at an expense of $800+. These Superchargers rarely fail. Most often it is a worn coupling which is available new for $30 and most mechanically inclined people could service it themselves. There are many write ups online!

Absolutely JUNK
By inlinewhine on 12/29/11 19:10 PM (PST)

1995 Buick Riviera Coupe Supercharged 2dr Coupe

Bought this mint condition car in Feburary 2002 and drove till Feburary of 2003. And in the 12 months I had replaced in this order: Struts, spark plugs, spark plug wires oil drain plug, supercharger, brakes, rotors, waterpump, headlights, radiator, coolent, rack and pinion, rear air shocks, leveling air compressor, climate control module, blower motor, transmission, harmonic balancer. It was using oil. it was $12,000 in repair bills . it had 125k hwy miles on it in 2002 and in 2003 it had 139k all hwy miles. Paid $7250 for the car and sold it for $3800. it was in the shop every week. I would not recomend this car to anybody it is a piece of absolute garbage.

Best used vehicle I've even owned!
By guy41 on 05/06/11 13:43 PM (PDT)

1995 Buick Riviera Coupe 2dr Coupe

I fell in love with the styling of the 1995 Riviera when it was first introduced. In 2007 I finally purchased a 1995 with 170,000 on the clock for a second car. That was four years ago and the Riviera now has 229,000 miles on it. This car is a pleasure to drive and I still can’t get over the sleek lines of the body and its beautiful interior. The only repairs its required so far is replace the idle pulley and serpentine belt along with the plug wires and spark plugs. That’s it except for regular fluid and filter changes. I check my mileage with every fill-up and the average ranges from 27 to 28 mpg. Long trips can yield anywhere from 28 to 32 mpg depending on the weather conditions and terrain. The car still rides and handles very well and the comfortable quiet interior makes long road trips enjoyable. In fact anyone that has ridden in the back seat has commented on how much room there is and how comfortable it is. Because of its looks a lot of people think it is something newly introduced and seem surprised when they find out its 16 years old. Even when compared to the Cadillac’s, Volvos, Audis and other cars I’ve owned, the Riviera has proven to be the well-engineered with the highest overall quality. If Buick still made the Riviera, I would definitely buy another.

fun
By boweezy57 on 01/04/10 10:00 AM (PST)

1995 Buick Riviera Coupe Supercharged 2dr Coupe

I dont know how people are getting 20+ mpg because I used the trip mileage to get mine and I get about 10-12mpg.

218,000 and going strong!
By Kathy on 10/13/09 18:52 PM (PDT)

1995 Buick Riviera Coupe 2dr Coupe

We purchased our Riv with 50,000 miles on it. This car has been like a dream, ride is wonderful, no rust and it sits outside, no mayor problems. ABC went out a few years ago and decided to leave it. New gas line, manifold, plugs, exhaust,and starter.It does have an electrical problem, radio changes stations on its own! If anyone has ideas as to why,I would love to hear from you.Not bad for a 15 yr old with 218,000 on her!The outside is excellent but plastic parts inside are starting to break, vents etc.We love this car,they just don't make them like this anymore.

Still Happy After 2.5 Years
By BigTexKahuna on 03/25/09 19:27 PM (PDT)

1995 Buick Riviera Coupe Supercharged 2dr Coupe

I offered a review 2.5 years ago, and I thought I'd give an update. Had to rebuild tranny nearly 1 year after purchase- $1800. That was a surprise, but nothing major since. Only expected, non-surprising things: replace radiator- $300, fix pssngr-side pwr window- $120, replace noisy supercharger- $750. I added custom-made cold-air induction, modified exhaust... car really screams now! Added 18" chrome wheels, manual air shocks, custom dark-blue paint with red pin-stripes, and a kick-butt sound system. I receive a lot of admiration, and I am always asked, "What kind of car is that?" I did lose the steering wheel control features due to factory sound system shorting out. I miss that luxury!

A Sweet Ride
By ClassicCar on 03/23/09 22:22 PM (PDT)

1995 Buick Riviera Coupe Supercharged 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car from a Buick dealership. It had 14,000 miles and was everything I had been looking for in a car. Over the years it has gone to college for four years, Prom, Weddings, corn fields, mud, snow, good and bad streets, carried teens, grandkids and dogs. Through it all, it has handled every situation with grace. The only "major repair" was the harmonic balancer. Outside of that, just regular oil changes, new tires, and air conditioner. My entire family loves the Riviera. We would buy it again and wish that Buick would continue the car, adding a four door version and make it a crossover. Oh, yes, it now has 140,000 miles and drives as if it was brand new.

Maybach has nothing on me but price
By driver on 05/15/08 13:05 PM (PDT)

1995 Buick Riviera Coupe Supercharged 2dr Coupe

I bought my car in '95. When I saw it I knew I had to have it. I have not been disappointed. In fact I have been quite surprised at the performance and comfort. I constantly drive from NY to Norfolk VA on a quarter of a tank of gas. I thought the gas guage was broken. But I have done it on numerous occasions and it is true. I love this car.

Love My Riviera
By Jerry Boswell on 05/14/08 15:53 PM (PDT)

1995 Buick Riviera Coupe Supercharged 2dr Coupe

Basically I love to drive my Riviera with superb handling in year around Southern California weather. The interior is outstanding with all the needed controls on the steering wheel. On the down side, this is the only vehicle I have owned that can need repairs by just sitting in the garage. The mechanic bills have been frightning since I purchased it five years ago with apx 64,000 on it. I now have apx 95,000 on it and have put some $12,000 in it for repairs. Still love it!

Dream Car
By Rivieralover on 05/20/07 15:14 PM (PDT)

1995 Buick Riviera Coupe Supercharged 2dr Coupe

I love my Riviera! It drives so smooth, even for an older car it is such a nice ride. The car is so beautiful, I get compliments on her everywhere we go. I was leary about buying because I knew that repairs would be expensive. She has had minimal problems and the parts weren't as expensive as I thought they'd be. Very comfortable interior! I can never live with out heated seats after having them with my Riviera. Definitely a must buy if you see one for sale, don't pass up the opportunity to own such a great car! You'd be missing out!