Used 1995 Buick Riviera Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Buick Riviera - Consumer Reviews

1995 Buick Riviera

View reviews for a specific Riviera model:

Great second car
By ALG

1995 Buick Riviera Supercharged 2dr Coupe

I have owned the car for about 14 years. Repairs in that time have been about $5000. Most of which I consider normal repairs. the only unusual repair was the engine seals had to be replaced. Dripping a lot of oil. ( @ ~ 130,000 miles). Otherwise has been a great car and on the open road (freeway), it runs at about 30 MPG on regular gas. The air adjust ride started running on/off, so I replaced it with a set of standard air shocks and adjusted to my needs. Great since. Supercharger started getting a bit noisy, so I replaced the oil with a 50% mix of Lukas additive. Quieted it down quite a bit. For a car this size, the gas mileage is very acceptable.

Still in love with my Riv even after 100k mi!
By Carla Graham

1995 Buick Riviera Supercharged 2dr Coupe

I bought my Buick Riviera 10 years ago with about 80k on the tach, and now I have 184k miles on her with no major repairs, just minor things along the way like a water pump, fuel pump, battery, tires, and oh yes, we had to replace a CV joint on the front end (what do you expect after 100k miles??😄). Anyhow, this car has always been fun to drive, handles great, VERY dependable, sticks to the road like glue, and has all the creature comforts anyone would want! This car truly was ahead of its time, a friend of mi e has a 2000Lincoln Town Car that doesn't have HALF the features that my Riv has!! The only gripe I have about the car is the paint. It started going bad on me about 4-5 years after I purchased her, but I had it repainted (believe it or not that failed too, at least GM's paint lasted a hell of a lot longer than the repaint I had put on her😢). Anyhow it looks like this car is gonna be with us for quite a while, my daughter turned 16 last August and started driving the car, and now she's in love with the car!! I guess I will eventually turn the keys over to her, as attached to the car as I am right now, at least I will see someone getting her that loves her as much as I do!!

Love my Riv!
By th3fr4nchi5e

1995 Buick Riviera Supercharged 2dr Coupe

I've had my Riv for almost 4 years now. 178k mi on the clock. It was my first car and I've loved it since the day I got it. It was professionally repainted with some custom touches by my dad and I am asked what it is all the time. Its lightly modded with much more in the future and pulls excellent. My only expense aside from regular maintenance was the original Tranny died at 169k miles.

A comment for other owners: I see alot of people having the Supercharger replaced at an expense of $800+. These Superchargers rarely fail. Most often it is a worn coupling which is available new for $30 and most mechanically inclined people could service it themselves. There are many write ups online!

Power, Styling, Comfort. I love it!

Underbuilt transmission for the power the Supercharged models do make and are capable of.

Absolutely JUNK
By inlinewhine

1995 Buick Riviera Supercharged 2dr Coupe

Bought this mint condition car in Feburary 2002 and drove till Feburary of 2003. And in the 12 months I had replaced in this order: Struts, spark plugs, spark plug wires oil drain plug, supercharger, brakes, rotors, waterpump, headlights, radiator, coolent, rack and pinion,
rear air shocks, leveling air compressor, climate control module, blower motor, transmission, harmonic balancer. It was using oil.
it was $12,000 in repair bills . it had 125k hwy miles on it in 2002 and in 2003 it had 139k all hwy miles. Paid $7250 for the car and sold it for $3800. it was in the shop every week. I would not recomend this car to anybody it is a piece of absolute garbage.

looked nice because it was in the shop every week.

Everything, 225hp for a 3.8l supercharged engine is weak plus it need premium fuel. My 2002 Hyundai Elantra is faster whild getting 2-3 times the gas mileage. Why would anyone want this car is beyond me. Good luck if your seriously considering purchasing this car. I probally missed some of the repairs above but those are the majority of them. Supercharger and the transmission being the 2 major problems that left me stranded. When the climate control failed it fogged up the windows really bad but was able to make it to my destination and get the problem fixed.

Best used vehicle I've even owned!
By guy41

1995 Buick Riviera 2dr Coupe

I fell in love with the styling of the 1995 Riviera when it was first introduced. In 2007 I finally purchased a 1995 with 170,000 on the clock for a second car. That was four years ago and the Riviera now has 229,000 miles on it. This car is a pleasure to drive and I still can’t get over the sleek lines of the body and its beautiful interior. The only repairs its required so far is replace the idle pulley and serpentine belt along with the plug wires and spark plugs. That’s it except for regular fluid and filter changes. I check my mileage with every fill-up and the average ranges from 27 to 28 mpg.
Long trips can yield anywhere from 28 to 32 mpg depending on the weather conditions and terrain. The car still rides and handles very well and the comfortable quiet interior makes long road trips enjoyable. In fact anyone that has ridden in the back seat has commented on how much room there is and how comfortable it is. Because of its looks a lot of people think it is something newly introduced and seem surprised when they find out its 16 years old. Even when compared to the Cadillac’s, Volvos, Audis and other cars I’ve owned, the Riviera has proven to be the well-engineered with the highest overall quality. If Buick still made the Riviera, I would definitely buy another.

Aerodynamic Styling. Interior comfort. Quality. Low cost of or ownership. High saftey rating-Low insurance rates. Fuel mileage. Power. Low interior noise level. Traction in Michigan winters. Dual front heater controls. Durable leather interior. Heated front drivers seat.