Used 1992 Buick Riviera Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Buick Riviera - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic - (9 reviews )

1992 Riv
By nieca73

1992 Buick Riviera 2dr Coupe

my husband bought the Riv in May 1992. We store it in the winter and drive it from April or May to October or November - depending on the weather. everyone wants to buy this car. we owned a conveniencd store/gas station. i parked it under the price sign. everyone thought it was for sale. told them not to hold their breath. people have told us that we have the nicest car on the highway - "cherry". love it. won't give it up for anything. looks like the day it came out of the showroom. blue saphire in color. cloth seats - which i prefer. very comfy. great steiro sound.

none. never should have quit making this model. at least it has it's own personality. you can tell what kind of a car it is just by looking at it. don't have to go up and read the back end to see what it is. great body style

ONE OF THE BEST
By BobsBestCar

1992 Buick Riviera 2dr Coupe

My 92 Riviera is one of the best I have ever owned. The ride and drive are one of a kind. The 21 city/29 HWY that I get out of her is awesome. Buick does need to bring this car back. They broke the mold when they built this car. I would say, "buy this type of car" to anyone who ask.

Ride, drive, quality !

Not one !

Very happy except
By Dave

1992 Buick Riviera 2dr Coupe

It is a great car. The only thing I don't like is the gas tank door on these tend to rust long before any other part for some reason. There are not that many in the bone yard so I spent a whole day trying to find one.

Power and ride.

Better struts and gas door improvements.

My Baby
By George Kernaghan

1992 Buick Riviera 2dr Coupe

This automobile is the best road machine I've ever owned. It is the best built, easiest to maintain and gets the greatest fuel economy for it's size, weight and creature features. With an 18 gal tank full of gas I once drove 408 miles from KC to south central Minn without stopping to full up. You can't beat it in the mountians or the plains. Buick needs to bring this type of quality vehicle back into production Again! When General Motors built this car they broke the mold and built the best. Minor cosmetics items are all the repairs I've made to Baby and it's hard to find parts now. Next month, Florida!

Driver and passenger comfort on long drives. Stunned looks on peoples faces when riding in the cities, towns or on the open road gives this owner a sence of pride and I enjoy talking to others about my Riviera. She is a solid machine built for those who like to drive and ride in comfort. I love Baby!

I wish someone would tell me why it is so difficult to get parts fron General Motors for my Baby to keep her in the best condition for the future. She has some age now but by far she is still the best automobile I've ever owned.

Exceptional Car!
By Emily

1992 Buick Riviera 2dr Coupe

I have now owned two 1992 Buick Riviera's and can honestly say these are the two best cars I've ever purchased. Looks, comfort, gas mileage and the greatest engine every made! My first riviera had 157,000 miles on it I gave to a fire victim in Julian, California and 4 years later it's still running! I missed that car from the day it left my driveway until I finally found my new pearl from Pasadena. I wish Buick still made these cars! If you can get your hands on a low mileage car -buy it!

Leather interior, overall very classy appearance, lots of leg room, easy access dash, gas mileage.

None, it's perfect!