1991 Buick Riviera Base Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Buick Riviera - Consumer Reviews

1991 Riviera Consumer Reviews

Base 3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic - (4 reviews )

Sort Reviews by

I love this car
By bonehead

1991 Buick Riviera Coupe 2dr Coupe

I have owned this car for close to three years one off which I was in Iraq, and it just sat for a year and still worked wonderfully when I came home. I have done nothing to fix it yet (besides a couple new tires) since owning it. It's almost 20 years old and works better than most of these new cars my friends own. I was a little hesitant on buying it but I'm glad I did.

Favorite Features

everything is great on this car. With everything powered and the digital dash is nice.

Suggested Improvements

I feel the AC could be better. The gas consumption could use a little work as well.

Luv it so much, I bought another1
By w5243

1991 Buick Riviera Coupe 2dr Coupe

I was never 1 to be what i callld a luxury car person, but I been hooked on it since i bought my 91 2years ago. This car has it all. Its a solid vehicle that gives you the (classy look), with a powerful enough engine and smooth transmission to give you the sporty feel.Other than the wear and tear that Ive put on it, Wearable parts(brakes, battery, tune up items, and a cuple extra parts due to my own mishapps I really dont recall haveing to ever fix anything on---yes I did, the crankshaft sensor.

Favorite Features

Not sure because I luv a lot of features on this car.(And I've had a few!!!!) Well, since I do all my own work to mine, I have grown quite fond of being able to use the climate control system to access the cars onboard computer and erase codes or change settings to the ride, performance, airbags etc

Suggested Improvements

Make alot off those settings more available To a person like me. Not mainly the dealer.

A Great Buy
By varix77

1991 Buick Riviera Coupe 2dr Coupe

This Riviera is by far the best buy I have made to date.The car has great acceleration along with great style and quality.I suggest this car for anyone who loves a smooth ride with added style.

Favorite Features

All power everything (I bought the limited edition Riviera) with plenty of power under the hood.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing that i think could have been improved in this car is probably the sound system

Strong engine and power train
By jph

1991 Buick Riviera Coupe 2dr Coupe

My 1991 Buik Riveria was a strong engine powered car. I enjoyed driving it in the big city and the open country side. The Riveria was very quick at taking off at lights, leaving camaros and grand prix in the dust!! I had no major problems with the car untill it reached the age of 12. Maybe luck or just a good built car,I still enjoyed riding and driving in my riveria.The highway was great, since I could cruise at 80mph without a bit of worry. The car turned over great in the cold, no matter how cold the tempature was. I will miss you, but life moves on.

Favorite Features

The power accessories, outside decal lights, fancy hubcaps, chrome outline, leather seats, outside temperture gauge, great heat, great suspension, and strong fast engine.

Suggested Improvements

If only the Buick makers improved the AC function. Also, they could have improved the map sensors, preventing stalls especially in torrential down pour.