Used 2007 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Most Helpful|
Great used car value
By NevadaJim

2007 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Given that 2007 is the last year for this model, good off-lease and used examples can be a bargain. We purchased ours for $10,000 under original list price. While not a Lexus by any means, it is still half the price for similar comfort and capacity. Great warranty coverage. Our only real complaint is that the 3.5 engine could have been the 3.6 with better power and mileage. Also, the radio stinks. An aftermarket radio is in our future.

Favorite Features

Size, carry capacity, styling, warranty.

Suggested Improvements

More power and better mileage. Improved radio reception.

nightmare
By myoplnion

2007 Buick Rendezvous CXL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Upon purchasing my 07 rendezvous I was happy that lasted 2 weeks. My battery light would come on n the car would die for about 10 seconds n then come back on. It was very difficult to convince the dealership. They finally left a computer connected for a few days n found the alternator was spiking the system. That was replaced n the car was fine until it rained the power steering went out, replaced that n nothing changed, then the water pump went out. The dealership worked wonders for me n found a way to put me in a new car n junked the rendezvous.

Favorite Features

I did like the roomy feel

Suggested Improvements

Junk it

Unbelievably Unsafe
By Shocked

2007 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We were absolutely shocked to learn that this vehicle is the only GM vehicle (including all other Buick models) that includes rear seat seatbelts that do not "lock" unless or until it becomes necessary. Subsequently, small children have the ability to "hang" and "dangle" from the seatbelts. Should the seatbelts reliably "lock" when needed (not proven), children are at risk for severe injury if they are not sitting upright or if the belt literally "snaps" them backwards. Utterly ridiculous and absolutely unsafe for children. We returned our vehicle within days of taking delivery. All research indicates that even the slightest slack in the belt increases substantially the risk of head/neck injury

Favorite Features

Any "positive" about this vehicle was negated by the complete lack of safety for my children. I cannot believe that Buick/GM would take this risk and it is inconceivable why this feature would only be in the Rendezvous!

Suggested Improvements

Consider safety as the priority above all else, including price. Take the same precautions for the passengers as you do in every other vehicle that you manufacture. Inform consumers that you have opted to use this feature in this model so that your potential customers can make an informed purchase.

Buick Rendezvous Overall Review
By Rendezvous CX

2007 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have been very unhappy with this vehicle. The fuel economy has been terrible, average 16 mpg with a mix of highway and city driving. My husband is 6'4 and when he is driving my children have no room for their legs in the back seat. A car seat is out of the question behind him. We have the split reclining middle row, not sure if this is why. But, my kids absolutely hate this car. Numerous problems, serviced the next day after purchase and should go in again but am to busy and because this is a lease I'm leaving with the noisy turns, poor gas mileage, poor leg room for children and the interior roof coming apart in the back. Rear seat belts end up under the folding seat, hard to get.

Favorite Features

We had a Buick in 2002 and were much happier with that vehicle, quality has gone down.

my exp.
By my car

2007 Buick Rendezvous CXL 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

GM used to mean quality in my family, but this car has been a complete disappointment. Since buying it in 2007 with 13k miles I've had to spend $6k more in repairs due to persistent inability of car to start including faulty wiring, axle and wheel train replacement of loose or prematurely broken parts, and a brake job. In the 11 years that I owned a subaru, I never had to do any more than change the oil. For this car I had to even subscribe to onstar for peace of mind because the car is so unreliable. Based on the quality of this car I can see how GM got themselves into thier current setuation. Let a free market economy rule!! I am headed back to the Subaru dealership for a new car.

Favorite Features

interior design allows for lots of cubbies to store items

Suggested Improvements

the interior molded plastic parts are poorly made and most are now broken. The car is only three years old. The body parts are even in worse shape. Almost all of my frame and even engine parts are on the verge of failing or have failed. I can't believe GM let this one out of the factory!