Very Nice Vehicle
By DCSFORUM on
2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
Bought this vehicle through a private sale with 45,000 miles and still under warranty. Researched a lot of vehicles before deciding that we wanted a Rendezvous because it is a great combination of flexible utility and roominess, fuel economy, comfort and quality. This is the quietest vehicle I've ever owned. Like the 3.5L engine a lot - smooth, quiet, and plenty of power. I have gotten over 30 mpg if I keep my foot out of it. Has a high-quality feel to it. Has a good amount of room inside for the fuel mileage. Larger utility vehicles like the Trailblazer get much worse mileage. I think they had the bugs worked out of these for 2006/2007 model years. Really a nice family vehicle.
Favorite Features
There's a lot to like. The 3.5L engine is smooth with plenty of power. Extremely quiet ride. Good amount of space. Very pleased with the fuel economy. Can get 30 mpg but more typically get 26-27 mpg at highway speeds. High-quality feel. The 3rd row of seats are handy in a pinch.
Suggested Improvements
I'm not crazy about the exterior styling (i.e looks). The looks are okay but nothing that's going to impress anybody. The inside will impress them, but not the outside. The ride is very soft so it leans during cornering. Personally, I wish it turned/handled a little stiffer/sportier.