Had to trade Ol' Bessie in...
By emmygirl on
2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
I wanted so badly for the SUV to perform up to my expectations, and it did... for a while. Bought my 2006 in 2008 with 48k miles on it. High, but I got a great deal. The ride was always smooth and quiet, styling was great in the front and inside- the hatchback styled rear is terrible, and the split panelling on some models- ugh! Horrendous. Sadly over 4 years the wiring went out underneath the car which made it stop... mid drive. I replaced the radiator, there were yearly replacements to a wheel bearing, and my fuel level indicator crapped out so I regularly ran out of gas. Finally the A/C drain hose pretty much ruined my interior with mold and I finally had to trade it in.
Favorite Features
I really liked the dash and center console, the "laptop pouch" as I referred to it as, was nice for storing things on trips, the faux wood was cutesy and the radio system was alright. Despite it's problems I loved my Bessie when she was in proper working order, but that was short lived. I have been a long time Buick fan since my Dad worked for GM when I was a kid and always drove Buicks that were always really great cars and I really hoped that this one would live up to my expectations, it just had too many problems to be able to keep around.
Suggested Improvements
This model is discontinued