Best vehicle we've bought in years
By Paul Cesarini on
2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)
We opted for a fully loaded CXL model (though without the XM radio or heads-up display, since our daily commutes are only a few miles). For us, it's the ideal blend of a roomy, family-friendly vehicle with all the benefits of an SUV and a minivan, but virtually none of the drawbacks. Unline the Highlander and competing vehicles, the Rendezvous has a third row seat capable of comfortably holding two adults. I've even sat back there, myself. The leather and wood grain interior is worth the extra cost. We got all the safety features, though we skipped the AWD. FWD + traction control + ABS is fine. We previously had a Saturn VUE, but I'm glad we traded it for the Rendezvous
Favorite Features
The in-dash CD changer is nice. Very quiet ride, too. The built-in Bluetooth pairs well with our cell phones. The third row seat is there when you need it, folded into the floor when you don't. I love getting those monthly emails from OnStar with the diagnostics.
Suggested Improvements
Since the sun roof retracts above the roof, rather than inside it, you can't use the roof rack with the sun roof open unless you slide the front bar back very far. The radio has an AUX button, but there's no factory-installed AUX jack for an iPod. You have to buy an adapter kit & dongle.