Used 2006 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

2006 Buick Rendezvous

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

2006 Rendevous
By Rick Z

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have a CXL loaded including the trailer package and 3.5 V-6. We traded our 2003 Escalade to take advantage of the advertised highway 28 mpg. The 17 in town and 21 on the road is a dissapointment. The comfort is good

Flexibility. When using with the trailer the performance is still good.

Gas mileage. The rear mid cabin captain seats are comfortable but should be set up to slide back further to provide more leg room. An additional center seat belt should be provided for the rear bench seat to allow seven occupants (especially with smaller children)

Great Crossover
By Matt

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We love our RDV! We chose the CXL FWD model in Amethyst. The fit and finish of the vehicle are great. The upgrades of the interior on the CXL that really sold us are the sunroof and the "bun" warmers. We are both tall (over 6'2") and the headroom and legroom are amazing for both the front and 2nd row!

Heated seats. Sunroof. Roomy!

A little more power would be nice. I'm not planning to race the vehicle, however for her size she seems a little shy.

Buick Rendezvous
By duke28

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love the visibility from both sides and behind in this vehicle. The doors open wide enough for a handicap person. It's a comfortable car and easy to handle. We live in the mts and have no trouble getting around, we have front wheel drive. However, my gas mileagel isn't always the best in the mts. but I will not complain.......

I don't know if I have a favorite feature, just everything ...

a little more power in the engine but we make do and don't have problems keeping up..........

Great Vehicle
By Al Hummels

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We traded in our like new Surburban for this vehicle and took it on a 1 week 3,000 mile trip. I can't believe how comfortable and easy to drive it is. I am 6'4" and weigh 275 lbs and have plenty of room. My wife is disabled (couldn't get into the Surburban) and finds it easy to get into and out of. We love it and would recommend it to anyone.

Ride, comfort, size and gas mileage

Exterior styling

Best vehicle we've bought in years
By Paul Cesarini

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We opted for a fully loaded CXL model (though without the XM radio or heads-up display, since our daily commutes are only a few miles). For us, it's the ideal blend of a roomy, family-friendly vehicle with all the benefits of an SUV and a minivan, but virtually none of the drawbacks. Unline the Highlander and competing vehicles, the Rendezvous has a third row seat capable of comfortably holding two adults. I've even sat back there, myself. The leather and wood grain interior is worth the extra cost. We got all the safety features, though we skipped the AWD. FWD + traction control + ABS is fine. We previously had a Saturn VUE, but I'm glad we traded it for the Rendezvous

The in-dash CD changer is nice. Very quiet ride, too. The built-in Bluetooth pairs well with our cell phones. The third row seat is there when you need it, folded into the floor when you don't. I love getting those monthly emails from OnStar with the diagnostics.

Since the sun roof retracts above the roof, rather than inside it, you can't use the roof rack with the sun roof open unless you slide the front bar back very far. The radio has an AUX button, but there's no factory-installed AUX jack for an iPod. You have to buy an adapter kit & dongle.