Used 2006 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

2006 Buick Rendezvous

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Great Vehicle
By Al Hummels

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We traded in our like new Surburban for this vehicle and took it on a 1 week 3,000 mile trip. I can't believe how comfortable and easy to drive it is. I am 6'4" and weigh 275 lbs and have plenty of room. My wife is disabled (couldn't get into the Surburban) and finds it easy to get into and out of. We love it and would recommend it to anyone.

Favorite Features

Ride, comfort, size and gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Exterior styling

Best vehicle we've bought in years
By Paul Cesarini

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We opted for a fully loaded CXL model (though without the XM radio or heads-up display, since our daily commutes are only a few miles). For us, it's the ideal blend of a roomy, family-friendly vehicle with all the benefits of an SUV and a minivan, but virtually none of the drawbacks. Unline the Highlander and competing vehicles, the Rendezvous has a third row seat capable of comfortably holding two adults. I've even sat back there, myself. The leather and wood grain interior is worth the extra cost. We got all the safety features, though we skipped the AWD. FWD + traction control + ABS is fine. We previously had a Saturn VUE, but I'm glad we traded it for the Rendezvous

Favorite Features

The in-dash CD changer is nice. Very quiet ride, too. The built-in Bluetooth pairs well with our cell phones. The third row seat is there when you need it, folded into the floor when you don't. I love getting those monthly emails from OnStar with the diagnostics.

Suggested Improvements

Since the sun roof retracts above the roof, rather than inside it, you can't use the roof rack with the sun roof open unless you slide the front bar back very far. The radio has an AUX button, but there's no factory-installed AUX jack for an iPod. You have to buy an adapter kit & dongle.

2006 Buick Rendezvous
By DMD

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2006 Rendezvous that I purchased used for almost 5 months. In short, I love this car. It is very quiet, smooth, has reasonable power, and has reasonable gas mileage. It is flawless with its fit and finish, and its quality of components is also very good.

Favorite Features

The seating/driving position. I like the fact that I have the driving position of an SUV without the thirst or weight or feel of a heavy SUV.

Suggested Improvements

More power on the standard engine. More safety features as standard equipment.

Pleasant surprise
By Andrews T

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle has been a pleasant surprise. After 14k and two trips of at least 500 miles each way, I've been impressed with comfort, mileage (26+ W/ 87 Octane). Around town driving is 23+ w/ 87 octane. Storage space is great and the seating options provide a family w/ a 2 year old latch options for car seats in both 2nd and 3rd rows. Went w/ base model as it provided best value for money. Have had no major issues. Tire pressure monitor gave false reading (reset myself aftering checking) and oxygen sensor was replaced under warranty. Excellent experience. Surprised by quality and behavior of vehicle under load and spirited driving.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage. Spacious interior. Gobs of space for storing Ipod, cell phone, etc... Seat support is great with base seats providing excellent lumbar and driving position. Quietest car I've owned (also have a 323 bimmer).

Suggested Improvements

Cloth seat quality. Time will tell. Slip resistant cover on tailgate step.

Excellent vehicle
By James Mire

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is an excellent car for the price. It has great ride and handling. I could not ask for a better vehicle

Favorite Features

Ride, comfort, and handling

Suggested Improvements

None in my opinion