Used 2006 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

A Great Car
By Richard

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I'm on my second Rendezvous and will probably buy a third. I need a 7-seater and I don't like big boats (Suburban, etc.). I was looking for a smallish city car that can seat my whole family, and this is it. The price is about the lowest in class, the quality is good. And it's small, which I love. I think only the Hyundai Santa Fe is smaller or cheaper, and I'd never buy a Hyundai. It looks stylish on the outside, plenty of space and flexibility inside. It's not overdesigned. Just a good car. It's interesting to me that the customers rating for this car was so much higher than the editors rating. Maybe the editors need to drive it again.

Lot of cargo space. Seats seven comfortably on a small platform that is easy to drive and park in the city. Excellent price.

I get 17 MPG, mostly in city driving, I wish it were higher. I notice half the raters want better mileage and the other half want more engine power. Of course you can't have both, so this suggests Buick found a reasonable balance.

Great minivan alternative!
By luv our 'vous

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have a Cardinal Red AWD CXL, and we love it! If you're looking for an alternative to a minivan, the Rendezvous is it! We have had 2 minivans prior to this, but our children are now in college, so the Rendezvous is a perfect fit for our lives now. The AWD is wonderful to have on snow and ice, and makes a real difference in handling. Our only real complaint concerns the very tall front seat headrests. They are rather difficult to see around-you really need to turn around to see sufficiently when backing up. Other than that, the Rendezvous is very comfortable, handles and rides like a car, and is very quiet. We love it!

Ride, seating, quiet interior, back-up sensor.

The 2007 is the last year for the Rendezvous, but an improvement would have been to shorten the too tall front seat headrests.

2006 Rendevous
By Rick Z

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have a CXL loaded including the trailer package and 3.5 V-6. We traded our 2003 Escalade to take advantage of the advertised highway 28 mpg. The 17 in town and 21 on the road is a dissapointment. The comfort is good

Flexibility. When using with the trailer the performance is still good.

Gas mileage. The rear mid cabin captain seats are comfortable but should be set up to slide back further to provide more leg room. An additional center seat belt should be provided for the rear bench seat to allow seven occupants (especially with smaller children)

Great Crossover
By Matt

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We love our RDV! We chose the CXL FWD model in Amethyst. The fit and finish of the vehicle are great. The upgrades of the interior on the CXL that really sold us are the sunroof and the "bun" warmers. We are both tall (over 6'2") and the headroom and legroom are amazing for both the front and 2nd row!

Heated seats. Sunroof. Roomy!

A little more power would be nice. I'm not planning to race the vehicle, however for her size she seems a little shy.

Buick Rendezvous
By duke28

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love the visibility from both sides and behind in this vehicle. The doors open wide enough for a handicap person. It's a comfortable car and easy to handle. We live in the mts and have no trouble getting around, we have front wheel drive. However, my gas mileagel isn't always the best in the mts. but I will not complain.......

I don't know if I have a favorite feature, just everything ...

a little more power in the engine but we make do and don't have problems keeping up..........