Used 2006 Buick Rendezvous SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

A year later and I still love it
By Mike Sadkowski

2006 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the SUV about a year ago and did not have any problems with it. I love the comfort and the smooth ride it offers. The vehicle is roomy and well designed. This is one of those cars that grows on you. When I first bought it, I didn't really care for the exterior design. I purchased the car due to it's outstanding reliability ratings, awesome price ($16K with 4K miles), and the driving comfort (less road noise than my parent's MDX!). But the exterior design grew on me. I love my Rendezvous. I would buy another, but unfortunately they don't make them anymore. If you find one with low miles and a good price, don't think twice, buy it!

Favorite Features

Quiet tuning, ride quality, fuel economy (22g/m average), power, handling, cargo space.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats, few more standard features would be nice. Better standard tires.

Nice Vehicle For Price
By TOM D

2006 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Nice vehicle for price. Smooth, quiet. Adequate power for everday driving, plus uses only regular fuel.

Favorite Features

Nice features for even base model

2006 CXL 3.6 VVT
By barb9

2006 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the Rendezvous Buick should of had when staring the RDV line. I purposely sought out to buy the Rendezvous with the 3.5 engine when I heard about it. I previously owned a 2002 CX 3.4 that was slightly underpowered at times when you needed power, but got good gas mileage. This 3.5 engine gives me better mileage and lots of power. Unfortunately to buy this model requires buying all the bells and whistles. A small trade off for a wonderful engine. Have owned it for almost a year and nothing wrong with it (unlike my 2002). Up to 2006, the Rendezvous had the biggest cargo room of any midsize SUV/CUV and tied for top spot in fuel efficiency. Too bad they are ending the Rendezvous, I would buy another (3rd) one!

Favorite Features

Engine! 3.5L variable valve timing, 245 hp & 255 tq. Climate control, driver memory, and heads up display! 108 cu ft of cargo room (biggest in its class) and all the seats can come out to create lots of cargo room or versatility (all other SUVs lack this!) Great mileage. Very comfy on 20hr rd trips

Suggested Improvements

Nothing, except to keep making the Rendezvous! It's perfected and Buick goes and pulls it. :(

2006 Rendezvous
By Brian

2006 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Very nice vehicle! I traded in a Chevy Trailblazer for the Buick to improve fuel economy and have been pleasantly suprised on how much cargo space this vehicle has! The vehicle has great power around town and the high seating position offers great visability for driving. The fit and finish on the vehicle is very good but I am very disappointed about the lack of space for tall drivers. I am 6'4 and although there is sufficient headroom, the legroom is much less than the Trailblazer and the driver's side door sticks to far in and hits my left leg. I also hit the parking brake with my leg as I enter and exit the vehicle. What I would give for a split bench seat!

Favorite Features

Love the cargo space and sunroof!

Suggested Improvements

Why aren't anti-lock brakes standard? Expand the front seating area. I would move the parking brake to a center-mounted handle and reduce the width of the center counsel. I would also move the power seat controls to the door, not the side of the seat and add power recline instead of a manual lever

A piece of Junk
By KimmyO

2006 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

In the one year I have owned this lemon it has continually been in the shop. First, my best mileage is only about 12.5-13.5 mpg, no matter if I am driving around town or on the highway. Dealership says nothing is wrong and nothing they can do. Now, lets talk about the problems with this piecd of junk. The left front struts had to be replaced in the first three months. Gears in the steering mechanism were replaced in month 4. In the 6th month, the transmission went out. Month 9, the power steering unit had to be replaced. I am not a bad driver nor drive in a reckless manner. I am a 65 year old lady who does not know where to turn.