Used 2006 Buick Rendezvous SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Rendezvous SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Riding comfort
By John

2006 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The ride is very comfortable. There is plenty of space with the third seat folded down for luggage or large purchases Home Depot or Best Buy. The gas mileage is fine for an suv, 25 mpg highway and 22 mpg overall. No mechanical service has been required and it is comforting to know we have 50k or 48 months on the warranty.

06 RDV CXL 3.6L
By coywolf

2006 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Gave it a 8 for comfort due to the leather on the seats which make the seats firmer than cloth. Vehicle ride comfort is awsome....smooth. Have driven all crazy weather conditions and never been stranded, AWD is ample. Clearance height is less than others, but at least I don't have to climb into it like other SUVs.

No doubt the 3.5 VVT liter engine! Trailer package!

Temperature controls in the back. Bring back the half cloth and half leather seat.

A year later and I still love it
By Mike Sadkowski

2006 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the SUV about a year ago and did not have any problems with it. I love the comfort and the smooth ride it offers. The vehicle is roomy and well designed. This is one of those cars that grows on you. When I first bought it, I didn't really care for the exterior design. I purchased the car due to it's outstanding reliability ratings, awesome price ($16K with 4K miles), and the driving comfort (less road noise than my parent's MDX!). But the exterior design grew on me. I love my Rendezvous. I would buy another, but unfortunately they don't make them anymore. If you find one with low miles and a good price, don't think twice, buy it!

Quiet tuning, ride quality, fuel economy (22g/m average), power, handling, cargo space.

More comfortable seats, few more standard features would be nice. Better standard tires.

Nice Vehicle For Price
By TOM D

2006 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Nice vehicle for price. Smooth, quiet. Adequate power for everday driving, plus uses only regular fuel.

Nice features for even base model

2006 CXL 3.6 VVT
By barb9

2006 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the Rendezvous Buick should of had when staring the RDV line. I purposely sought out to buy the Rendezvous with the 3.5 engine when I heard about it. I previously owned a 2002 CX 3.4 that was slightly underpowered at times when you needed power, but got good gas mileage. This 3.5 engine gives me better mileage and lots of power. Unfortunately to buy this model requires buying all the bells and whistles. A small trade off for a wonderful engine. Have owned it for almost a year and nothing wrong with it (unlike my 2002). Up to 2006, the Rendezvous had the biggest cargo room of any midsize SUV/CUV and tied for top spot in fuel efficiency. Too bad they are ending the Rendezvous, I would buy another (3rd) one!

Engine! 3.5L variable valve timing, 245 hp & 255 tq. Climate control, driver memory, and heads up display! 108 cu ft of cargo room (biggest in its class) and all the seats can come out to create lots of cargo room or versatility (all other SUVs lack this!) Great mileage. Very comfy on 20hr rd trips

Nothing, except to keep making the Rendezvous! It's perfected and Buick goes and pulls it. :(

• SUV