Used 2006 Buick Rendezvous SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

2006 Buick Rendezvous SUV

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

A Love Hate Relationship
By Eva Stone

2006 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this 06 in 2010 with 37,000 miles. Great handling and very comfortable car with lots of cargo for hauling my music gear. Then it left me stranded with a radiator problem at about 85,000 miles. Trial and error to fix that left me stranded several times. Kind of been down hill from there. Chrome fell off the wheels, had to replace those. Have LOTS of problems with the front end, wheel bearings and such. This winter got extremely cold and the fuel sensor went out, left me traveling with a maximum speed of 30 MPH several times till we replaced that. I'm at 137,000 and the front axes is grinding and will need to be replaced. I think it's time to replace the car.

Favorite Features

comfort

Full of issues-American made POS
By 1stmeridian

2006 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It's really too bad we have to take so many shortcuts in the USA with cars. I have had more problems with US made vehicles than any foreign vehicle I've owned. This car has multiple major issues: Power windows fail, often due to wiring shorts and breakage. LIghter/phone charger fails also due to faulty wiring. Fuel indicator failure and the part is in the tank so extremely difficult and expensive to fix. Tachometer intermittent failure.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

Fix the wiring so it does not break or short out in so many places.

I am pretty happy with owning this Buick
By la312

2006 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this Buick from our friend and owned it for almost 3 years. It did happen to visit mechanic, but which car didn't? regularly change brakes, oil, and fluids, etc. there is no major issue. however, the interior is not meeting my exception of the luxury SUV.

Had to trade Ol' Bessie in...
By emmygirl

2006 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I wanted so badly for the SUV to perform up to my expectations, and it did... for a while. Bought my 2006 in 2008 with 48k miles on it. High, but I got a great deal. The ride was always smooth and quiet, styling was great in the front and inside- the hatchback styled rear is terrible, and the split panelling on some models- ugh! Horrendous. Sadly over 4 years the wiring went out underneath the car which made it stop... mid drive. I replaced the radiator, there were yearly replacements to a wheel bearing, and my fuel level indicator crapped out so I regularly ran out of gas. Finally the A/C drain hose pretty much ruined my interior with mold and I finally had to trade it in.

Favorite Features

I really liked the dash and center console, the "laptop pouch" as I referred to it as, was nice for storing things on trips, the faux wood was cutesy and the radio system was alright. Despite it's problems I loved my Bessie when she was in proper working order, but that was short lived. I have been a long time Buick fan since my Dad worked for GM when I was a kid and always drove Buicks that were always really great cars and I really hoped that this one would live up to my expectations, it just had too many problems to be able to keep around.

Suggested Improvements

This model is discontinued

Nice feel but lots of repairs
By PhillyGirl

2006 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We loved our Buick at first. Within 3 days of purchase our windshield wipers stopped working in a snow storm because the motor on wiper blew? We had to get a new transmission 3 years into the car and was asked to pay $6,000. The warranty had expired. I never ever had to pay for a new transmission in a 3+year car.

Favorite Features

Roomy interior; heated seats; going through a home renovation we appreciated being able to fit sheet rock and plywood sheets; Large outside mirrors

Suggested Improvements

Nasty blind spots; Every time we went to inspection, there was a $700+ repair. Biggest disappointment was having to get new transmission so early into ownership.