Used 2006 Buick Rendezvous CX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

2006 Buick Rendezvous

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

A Love Hate Relationship
By Eva Stone

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this 06 in 2010 with 37,000 miles. Great handling and very comfortable car with lots of cargo for hauling my music gear. Then it left me stranded with a radiator problem at about 85,000 miles. Trial and error to fix that left me stranded several times. Kind of been down hill from there. Chrome fell off the wheels, had to replace those. Have LOTS of problems with the front end, wheel bearings and such. This winter got extremely cold and the fuel sensor went out, left me traveling with a maximum speed of 30 MPH several times till we replaced that. I'm at 137,000 and the front axes is grinding and will need to be replaced. I think it's time to replace the car.

Favorite Features

comfort

Had to trade Ol' Bessie in...
By emmygirl

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I wanted so badly for the SUV to perform up to my expectations, and it did... for a while. Bought my 2006 in 2008 with 48k miles on it. High, but I got a great deal. The ride was always smooth and quiet, styling was great in the front and inside- the hatchback styled rear is terrible, and the split panelling on some models- ugh! Horrendous. Sadly over 4 years the wiring went out underneath the car which made it stop... mid drive. I replaced the radiator, there were yearly replacements to a wheel bearing, and my fuel level indicator crapped out so I regularly ran out of gas. Finally the A/C drain hose pretty much ruined my interior with mold and I finally had to trade it in.

Favorite Features

I really liked the dash and center console, the "laptop pouch" as I referred to it as, was nice for storing things on trips, the faux wood was cutesy and the radio system was alright. Despite it's problems I loved my Bessie when she was in proper working order, but that was short lived. I have been a long time Buick fan since my Dad worked for GM when I was a kid and always drove Buicks that were always really great cars and I really hoped that this one would live up to my expectations, it just had too many problems to be able to keep around.

Suggested Improvements

This model is discontinued

Very Nice Vehicle
By DCSFORUM

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this vehicle through a private sale with 45,000 miles and still under warranty. Researched a lot of vehicles before deciding that we wanted a Rendezvous because it is a great combination of flexible utility and roominess, fuel economy, comfort and quality. This is the quietest vehicle I've ever owned. Like the 3.5L engine a lot - smooth, quiet, and plenty of power. I have gotten over 30 mpg if I keep my foot out of it. Has a high-quality feel to it. Has a good amount of room inside for the fuel mileage. Larger utility vehicles like the Trailblazer get much worse mileage. I think they had the bugs worked out of these for 2006/2007 model years. Really a nice family vehicle.

Favorite Features

There's a lot to like. The 3.5L engine is smooth with plenty of power. Extremely quiet ride. Good amount of space. Very pleased with the fuel economy. Can get 30 mpg but more typically get 26-27 mpg at highway speeds. High-quality feel. The 3rd row of seats are handy in a pinch.

Suggested Improvements

I'm not crazy about the exterior styling (i.e looks). The looks are okay but nothing that's going to impress anybody. The inside will impress them, but not the outside. The ride is very soft so it leans during cornering. Personally, I wish it turned/handled a little stiffer/sportier.

Go to the Mountains
By paladin

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

A well designed and comfortable car. My wife began driving it when new and now I have it. (OK, I did buy another!) We like to travel in the Buick and find the ease of driving a real plus. Access to controls, reaction of the car to my comands and fuel economy is great. We average 25 on the road and 19-20 in town. Recommend this car to you. The only problem has been that my wife likes the 2007 evan better!!

Favorite Features

Responsiveness, fuel economy, comfort and ease to drive. Ever try to find a used one in your area? Not easy.

Suggested Improvements

None.

The Perfect SUV on a car chassis
By Carol

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the finest vehicle I've ever owned and I've even owned other Buicks. Its comfortable like a sedan but holds a mountain of stuff. Steering and handling are perfect. Its a shame its been discontinued. Kinda helps me understand why GM is in the mess its in though.

Favorite Features

Steering wheel audio controls Rear (backup) warning device The RIDE, The RIDE

Suggested Improvements

None...