Used 2006 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

2006 Buick Rendezvous

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

What a Car.
By Ronald Coleman

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have been told that Buick makes a great vehicle. This Rendezvous lives up to Buick's reputation. I couldn't be more pleased with this Rendezvous. Gas mileage is average for a crossover. With Onstar and XM radio plus all the other features, I find myself smiling. The SUV is quiet on the road; however, on side roads and in the city it does not take bumps on the road well. Overall, for what I spent, this SUV's owner is one happy camper. : )

Great ride for 9 years!
By sam

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We were not looking for bells and whistles.
No major repairs. Many good trips.
Very good head and leg room for tall occupants.

Worst car ever
By Frances G

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is by far the worst investment I have ever made. It is one thing after another with this car. Once you fix one problem another arises. To start with it was a speed sensor(wheel bearing) then is was the oil sensor. Then it got to the point where EVERY TIME I fuel up the car would not want to start again. I would literally have to wait 2-3 minutes and still press the gas before it would start again (how embarrassing) very inconvenient. And to top it off last night the battery light came on. I know what you r thinking "simple fix" turns out no. I will have to put it I The garage to find out if it is a problem with the computer, transmission, or the engine. I have had it with this car. I will NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER BUICK EVER!!! All of these problems I am having seem to be common problems if you check other reviews; however, there have been no recalls or even attempt to fix these problems. I am done with this vehicle. I also now have a light that says reduced engine power and it will not go more than 30mph.

A Love Hate Relationship
By Eva Stone

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this 06 in 2010 with 37,000 miles. Great handling and very comfortable car with lots of cargo for hauling my music gear. Then it left me stranded with a radiator problem at about 85,000 miles. Trial and error to fix that left me stranded several times. Kind of been down hill from there. Chrome fell off the wheels, had to replace those. Have LOTS of problems with the front end, wheel bearings and such. This winter got extremely cold and the fuel sensor went out, left me traveling with a maximum speed of 30 MPH several times till we replaced that. I'm at 137,000 and the front axes is grinding and will need to be replaced. I think it's time to replace the car.

comfort

Full of issues-American made POS
By 1stmeridian

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It's really too bad we have to take so many shortcuts in the USA with cars. I have had more problems with US made vehicles than any foreign vehicle I've owned.
This car has multiple major issues:
Power windows fail, often due to wiring shorts and breakage.
LIghter/phone charger fails also due to faulty wiring.
Fuel indicator failure and the part is in the tank so extremely difficult and expensive to fix.
Tachometer intermittent failure.

none

Fix the wiring so it does not break or short out in so many places.