2006 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
Full of issues-American made POS
By 1stmeridian on 09/04/14 12:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It's really too bad we have to take so many shortcuts in the USA with cars. I have had more problems with US made vehicles than any foreign vehicle I've owned. This car has multiple major issues: Power windows fail, often due to wiring shorts and breakage. LIghter/phone charger fails also due to faulty wiring. Fuel indicator failure and the part is in the tank so extremely difficult and expensive to fix. Tachometer intermittent failure.

I am pretty happy with owning this Buick
By la312 on 05/25/13 12:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this Buick from our friend and owned it for almost 3 years. It did happen to visit mechanic, but which car didn't? regularly change brakes, oil, and fluids, etc. there is no major issue. however, the interior is not meeting my exception of the luxury SUV.

Had to trade Ol' Bessie in...
By emmygirl on 03/22/13 03:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I wanted so badly for the SUV to perform up to my expectations, and it did... for a while. Bought my 2006 in 2008 with 48k miles on it. High, but I got a great deal. The ride was always smooth and quiet, styling was great in the front and inside- the hatchback styled rear is terrible, and the split panelling on some models- ugh! Horrendous. Sadly over 4 years the wiring went out underneath the car which made it stop... mid drive. I replaced the radiator, there were yearly replacements to a wheel bearing, and my fuel level indicator crapped out so I regularly ran out of gas. Finally the A/C drain hose pretty much ruined my interior with mold and I finally had to trade it in.

Nice feel but lots of repairs
By PhillyGirl on 08/05/10 21:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We loved our Buick at first. Within 3 days of purchase our windshield wipers stopped working in a snow storm because the motor on wiper blew? We had to get a new transmission 3 years into the car and was asked to pay $6,000. The warranty had expired. I never ever had to pay for a new transmission in a 3+year car.

Awful Car!!!
By Jeannie on 04/27/10 20:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my '06 Rendezvous in early '07. I have had nothing but problems. I was in the market to find an SUV/crossover with better gas mileage. All I got were repair bills! Everything from brakes, rotors, oxygen sensors, wheel bearings, anti-lock brakes & the AWD have needed repairs. The cost of this vehicle is amazingly high! I would NEVER recommend this vehicle to anyone!

Very Nice Vehicle
By DCSFORUM on 04/24/10 17:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this vehicle through a private sale with 45,000 miles and still under warranty. Researched a lot of vehicles before deciding that we wanted a Rendezvous because it is a great combination of flexible utility and roominess, fuel economy, comfort and quality. This is the quietest vehicle I've ever owned. Like the 3.5L engine a lot - smooth, quiet, and plenty of power. I have gotten over 30 mpg if I keep my foot out of it. Has a high-quality feel to it. Has a good amount of room inside for the fuel mileage. Larger utility vehicles like the Trailblazer get much worse mileage. I think they had the bugs worked out of these for 2006/2007 model years. Really a nice family vehicle.

2006 Buick Rendezvous AWD
By Bob on 09/22/09 19:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have had this car for 3 and half years now. Problems, AWD failed in the winter (short in the wiring) failed rear hatch touchpad, leaking transfer case and unreliable fuel gauge. Had to replace table bushings, tie rods, knuckle bushings and both front and rear brakes before reaching 40k. Thank God for the 48 month warranty. I am 54 and do not drive hard or abuse my vehicles. I own a 03 buick century that the wife drives and only had to change the front brakes once in 6 years. Rendezvous quality control stinks and I now understand why they do not make them anymore. When my lease expires in May, it is gone!!

2nd Rendezvous
By Robin Koykka on 09/07/09 12:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We really enjoyed our 2002 Rendezvous, owned an HHR and Escape since, and we find ourselves in a Rendezvous again. We love the versatility, the quiet, and the third row. We test drove the new Enclave, but found it hard to justify the price when this CXL has everything including heads up display (HUD). We have done a six week (16,000 km) road trip with the Rendezvous, and it was great. It handled all the terrain with ease. We did the complete Route 66, then West coast, Vancouver, the Rockies, Montana, Yellow Stone, the Black Hills, and headed back East to Midland Ontario all without a hitch. I recommend the Rendezvous CXL to anyone looking for a comfortable, and versatile people hauler.

Go to the Mountains
By paladin on 06/12/09 13:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

A well designed and comfortable car. My wife began driving it when new and now I have it. (OK, I did buy another!) We like to travel in the Buick and find the ease of driving a real plus. Access to controls, reaction of the car to my comands and fuel economy is great. We average 25 on the road and 19-20 in town. Recommend this car to you. The only problem has been that my wife likes the 2007 evan better!!

The Perfect SUV on a car chassis
By Carol on 05/09/09 17:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Rendezvous CX 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the finest vehicle I've ever owned and I've even owned other Buicks. Its comfortable like a sedan but holds a mountain of stuff. Steering and handling are perfect. Its a shame its been discontinued. Kinda helps me understand why GM is in the mess its in though.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.