Smooth Ride, Fun to Drive
By Tom Mc on
2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)
ULTA MODEL (AWD) - In 40 years of driving, this vehicle is my best driving experience that combines power and smoothness. The VVT 3.6 aluminum engine has plenty of torque (available at low revs) and gets you out of any highway situation immediately. It provides smooth power that comes on without any jerking into a 'passing gear'. About 7 times a year it is driven to a destination 5 hours away and because of comfort, I am able to drive back the same day! Around town, I find myself driving easier and a bit slower, mainly because the experience is so enjoyable. However, if there is a need to peel around a corner, the torque and AWD allow you to have almost sportscar-like fun - great ride!
Favorite Features
Programmable driver's seat - separate settings available for 2 drivers; touch screen Nav convenience; auto climate control; the Head Up display on the windshield; XM radio; awesome sound of the Audio System; great visibility; removable second row captain chairs; interior looks & overall comfort!
Suggested Improvements
The vehicle has over 63,000 miles and still runs good. Suggestion to owners - get the oil flush done (it makes a your vehicle run like new). I have the 'groan sound' in the rear as I back out - have to get that rear fluid changed. Never drove any other Rendezvous, but the Ultra model is great.