2005 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Review: Rides like a Buick

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV - Consumer Review

Rides like a Buick
By caltexan on

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I'm 39 and my wife and I are both lawyers. We live in San Francisco. We have 2 boys, 6 and 4. I didn't want to buy a minivan so we purchased the Buick. It's nice, but rides like my grandma's car. I wish the ride was firmer and sportier. I went with a Buick because I wanted to buy American. I hope the next time around, if I go with Buick, I will be less disappointed with my decision. On the plus side, it parks just about anywhere and has a nice ride. Also, get the 7 seat option. Without the 3rd row, I'm not sure it's worth the money. On the downside, it's a gas hog. You'd think GM would see the big picture and put more hybrids and efficient rides on the market...

7th row, OnStar, and sunroof. Radio controls on steering wheel.

The plastic components on the stearing wheel have chipped as have the buttons on the radio. Consequentally, light from the console lights shines through the cracks in the plastic. Result, it looks cheap. I expected better. Also, the cruise control should be more convenient.