2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
Nice ride, easy entry
By jack on 06/25/05 12:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We strongly recommend this vehicle for those who have relatives that have trouble getting into a car. This was the case with my inlaws, with my father-in-law having two hip replacements. The Buick's ride is very smooth. It feels much like a full size passenger car and the road noise is low.

Rides like a Buick
By caltexan on 06/16/05 18:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I'm 39 and my wife and I are both lawyers. We live in San Francisco. We have 2 boys, 6 and 4. I didn't want to buy a minivan so we purchased the Buick. It's nice, but rides like my grandma's car. I wish the ride was firmer and sportier. I went with a Buick because I wanted to buy American. I hope the next time around, if I go with Buick, I will be less disappointed with my decision. On the plus side, it parks just about anywhere and has a nice ride. Also, get the 7 seat option. Without the 3rd row, I'm not sure it's worth the money. On the downside, it's a gas hog. You'd think GM would see the big picture and put more hybrids and efficient rides on the market...

Satisfied customer
By Michael Small on 05/27/05 08:47 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second vehicle and I am completely satisfied. I wish they had put in a little larger engine, such as the 3.6 litre V6, which would have made it perfect. It would also have increased the fuel economy. In the past three and one half years, I have only had one service call, and that was due to a short that occured after adding a trailer hitch.

I love this vehicle
By Andrita Durbin on 05/25/05 02:46 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I just completed a 2500 mile trip and have no complaints other than not being able to use the CD player when using the navigation system. The ride was very comfortable, drive was as in a luxury car. Was in a lot of rain and had no problems with traction. Find driving speed has a lot to do with gas milage, when kept the speed down the milage went up. Love the speed reflection on the windshield, never have to look at the speedometer, so don't take eyes off of the road as much. Sets higher than a car so visabilty is execlent, seat sets high enough above floorboard so body alignment is good, less strain on hips. Drove through several mountain ranges and still averaged 20 MPG.

Happy Rendevous owner
By Cheek on 05/13/05 23:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My husband & I are very satisfied with our new Rendevous. This is our first SUV. Tested a variety of SUVs & decided this met our comfort level. It is better on fuel consumtion since it isn't as heavy as the SUVs on truck frames. I am getting 21.5 mpg city.

We got this vehicle for our grandkids.
By Bob De on 04/28/05 16:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My wife and daughter looked at at least 8-10 other SUV's and this was the one they wanted. It rides like a full size car on the road. Great for the hold family, lots of room. This is a great vehicle. What you get for the money is out of sight. The engine is OK if you don't race, has a enought power for us. I will buy one again

A good vehicle!
By john on 04/27/05 15:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Moved up from a Skylark..love the Rendezvous' 108 cu ft cargo-alot more room than the Lexus, Acura, or Magnum wagon. Got fully loaded CXL with sunroof for $24k. Is a good deal. No problems- rides like a luxury car and is fun to drive

My Buick Rendezvous
By John on 04/27/05 11:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Seems to be very well built compared to other autos I have purchased, So far, I'm very pleased with the overall quality and performance of this vehicle. It rides quieter then the Cadillac we also own.

Great Family Vehicle
By Loretta on 04/17/05 21:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Rendevous. I went to look at the Avalanche and fell in love with this one. The seats in the back recline some, both my boys have their own cup holder and storage place for change or games. And I can plug the cooler in to the plug in the back not drag it under the seats. Plenty of storage space also for trips. Even my chihuahua loves to go for a ride in it. Great vehicle.

I thought more of Buick
By disapointed on 04/12/05 19:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I thought more of Buick. 05 Rendezvous CXL, for a driver, is very small. I want to warn folks about the winter freezing. All of my doors freeze when it is cold or windy. Took it to the dealer and there is no fix for it. I leased the car and had to put a remote starter in just to get in my car. Good luck, if you know of anything I could do let me know. Warning ask about the freezing