Used 2005 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

2005 Buick Rendezvous

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

I call this the Buick death trap
By Laura

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My car has had one problem after another. Do not buy one. I call it the death trap because I will drive down the freeway anywhere from 30 to 70 miles and my car will shut off. No warning signs! The worst part is it stops like I have slammed the brakes, eveything in my car goes flying. So there my car will sit from 70mph to 0 mph in a matter of seconds. You can't steer it off the road, you just have to pray no one hits you. GM can not fix it, so I guess I have to wear my seatbelt, and I am thinking of getting a bumper sticker letting people know my car will stop instantly to prevent accidents.

Luxury SUV at 1/2 the price
By Alfred

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I never thought I would buy an American car until I saw the great quality ratings and how little this cost compared to a comparable RX330 or Acura MDX. This was a steal for the same quality and comfort!

Favorite Features

Heads up display. VVT 3.6 engine. Interior is very nice.

Suggested Improvements

A better exhaust system.

Just what we needed!
By jfm

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle has the people and cargo carrying capacity we searched for in a mid-size SUV that could get good gas mileage (first tank I got 28 mpg)! It is comfortable and quiet to drive. 2nd seat passengers like the ride and the rear AC flow.

Favorite Features

Great cargo space! Excellent fuel economy! Side mirrors give excellent visibility!

Suggested Improvements

Rear hatch is a bit hard to close. The cloth seats seem to stain easily.

Some Disappointments
By James Charnock

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Worst thing about the SUV are headrests: 6" back from one's head. For safety it should be 2" or less. I had to add neck pillows to compensate. Gas mileage closer to 15 than 19 for city. No vinyl protection available for top of back bumper so the bumpers are too subject to dings by others. Cross bars not very strong and no vinyl stripes on roof top to keep cargo bag from scratching surface. Like the wideness and shortness of the vehicle (for short garages)--4x8 sheets fit in without riding on the wheel wells--good handyman vehicle, especially with removable 2nd seats. Pulldown hatch strap has broken twice in one year. Poorly designed. Seat and height comfortable. Very hot days tax AC. Very cold tax heater

Favorite Features

Comfort and handling. Shortness, utilitarian wideness, plenty of hauling room with 2nd seats removed. High ceiling. Flexible rear "trunk" cover allows for higher objects to be carried and concealed.

Suggested Improvements

Should have side safety/crash curtains. Better pulldown hatch strap (cheap plastic). Better gas mileage. Set up for hands-free cell phone calling. When 2nd row of seats are out should have pull down sheet to hide exposed contents in "trunk". Dealer should offer a "course" in tire changing!

Awesome Car
By none

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this Rendezvous because of the price, and the fact that this is not our first Buick. The Rendezvous has many features with the CX base. The ride is very comfortable with a lot of leg room. There is also a lot of cargo room. You can fit many boxes in the car if you are moving. There isn't that much wind noise in the car even if you drive fast. The car also is high in the back and lower in the front to prevent the car from tipping over. The gas mileage is great. We drove from Connecticut to Maine and it took about 1 full tank of gas.

Favorite Features

Huge middle compartment. Many compartments, lots of leg room, huge trunk. High back, great mpg. Looks very fancy at a low price

Suggested Improvements

Make the rear hatch easier to close. Make the rear hatch open lower, it hits the garage ceiling. Change the back design. Add side steps, the car is high. Make a roof rack standard