2005 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
Buick Ultra
By dave on 08/17/05 07:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The 05 Ultra is comfortable and luxurious. The HUD display is fun and funtional. The 3.6 ltr. engine has lots of pep but less then advertised fuel economy, best we have seen out of this all wheel drive model is 21. The vehicle is nimble but steering is somewhat choppy at higher speeds with the steering wheel pulling you one direction while you steer another. Best described as a pulsing sensation. The car rides great and has good visability. Large mirrors compensate for a small blind spot on the driver's side. The seats have excellent driving positions and the stereo is excellent. With the third seat installed your room sor storage is extremely limited. Overall a stylish car.

Enjoying my new Rendezvous
By tablescape on 08/08/05 09:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I am very happy with my new utlra Rendezvous. I am glad I have the bigger engine and the heads up display. I was surprised by how much I like the extras like the heads up and XM radio. The radio controls on the steering wheel and the display of the station on the windshield let me change the stations and keep my eyes on the road. My daughter loves the back seat radio with headsets. The mirrors are big and were a little hard to get used to but they are very helpful especially how they tilt down for parking. I am very careful in drivethru windows.

Pleasant surprise
By Jondaley on 07/25/05 11:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My wife likes this car so we got it. I was not thrilled with it at first. I like the ride and power train of the Chevy Equinox better, by my wife likes the comfort of the Buick. It fits the kids and stuff well. We took it on a short road trip, and I began to like it more and more. It is a great highway car, stable and smooth. Somewhat underpowered, but I can compensate for that. Quiet and smooth. No initial quality problems.

Buick Rendezvous
By Cincy on 07/16/05 08:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Rendezvous. It's perfect for daily travel, with a very comfortable ride and great visibility. I love having the 3rd row seats that can hold 7 passengers or for extra storage. Unfortunately, when the 3rd row seats are up, there's very little storage but for an umbrella stroller. I'm averaging about 17-20mpg Hwy, and that's with construction and stop and go traffic. It's better on longer stretches on the highway. It's a great vehicle for a small family with all the extras and not the huge price tag.

This car is junk
By ckinny on 07/14/05 14:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

GM is clearly cutting corners. The interior of the '05 compared to earlier models is subpar. The fabric is cheaplooking and feeling. The dash has been changed and not for the better. Very hard and uncomfortabel to get to/sit in third row seat. Gas mileage is a nightmare.

Love My Buick
By Steve on 07/13/05 12:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The only problem with my car was squeaking brakes, and GM had a fix for it at no charge. The dealer has been excellent and the AWD works very well in NH winters. It handles well on the highway, and gas mileage is decent. I get many positive comments about the style.

First SUV
By Kathy on 07/09/05 12:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven a Buick Riveria or LeSabre for the past 20 years, so am used to the luxurious ride. My new Rendevous meets the challenge. Have used it for three long trips in the last 3 months and find it thoroughly enjoyable. I wish the gas mileage was better though.

Rendezvous
By kbyers on 06/29/05 14:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

i really like driving it. It is fun, comfortable, and really drives nice. My husband is very picky about his cars, and has always had me drive Chevrolets, especiallay Blazers. But he is sold on the Rendevouz. We do not like the interior. We wish cloth seats were more durable.

Rendezvous
By Connie on 06/29/05 13:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My Rendezvous is a joy to drive and very comfortable. I love the large side view mirrors. Mileage exceeds estimated numbers. If anything, the back has more room than is convenient for me (I'm very short, can't reach things that slide forward.) I do have a problem with closing the back hatch. I have no desire to cross over, so that isn't an issue for me. I wanted room and comfort.

My Rendevouz
By Veronica on 06/29/05 12:39 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a Rendevouz last summer and I abosolutely love it. Or course I purchased the top of the line. It has all the toys I could possibly ask for. Yes, I like toys too, and I am a female. Compared to the Envoy that I originally wanted, the price was comparable. But this is great on gas! I rented a 2005 Pathfinder for 2 wks, due to autobody repairs on my vehicle. The Pathfinder was a gas guzzler, although the pick up was better. My three kids and I were very happy to have our Rendevouz back! If you look at the pricing in the Rendevouz, it can go above the pricing of the Ranier. It has a lot of perks that are out of the question in other cars due to the pricing.