2005 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
Very Surprising!
By Bill on 02/28/06 10:14 AM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Rendevous for about a year now and I really can't believe the value! I never really even knew this SUV existed and boy am I happy I found it! It has so much more room than any other in it's class. Also, I was very concerned with the mileage and have been so surprised with the economy of this vehicle. I have friends with Jeeps and Toyotas who struggle with milieage and I have the bigger SUV and am consistently getting 22 around town and at least 26 on the HWY. It's all about how you drive it! Bottom line is they discount these vehicles big time because they can't compete with the imports, so for the money...there is no better deal going! There is so much room it's crazy!

Don't Believe EPA
By Jim Johnston on 02/08/06 14:39 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased 2005 Buick Rendezvous new. The principal reason for choosing it over the alternatives under consideration was the 26 MPG EPA on the sticker. The best we can get at normal interstate highway speeds is between 20 and 22 MPG. We like the vehicle, but are very disappointed in the mileage.

Rendezvous is a great vehicle
By Steve_PA on 02/02/06 14:29 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Being a very satisfied Honda and Nissan minivan owner for the last 14 years, I was hestiant when we bought the Rendezvous. We love it. Great ride. Very intelligent design.

Vehicle Rating
By Faye on 01/19/06 17:56 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The one item that I have a concern is I cannot use my lighter to charge my cell phone as it blows the fuse. I was told to get an adapter and put it in before I use the charger for my cell phone. I have friends who have the same SUV, not the Ultra and they have no problems.

Having a great time driving this SUV
By w on 01/18/06 12:06 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My Rendezvous has a very smooth, quiet ride. We have been on several trips and it rides great. The Rendezvous is not the best on gas and I must say that the third row of seats is only for small children and with it you have no luggage space

Proud Owner
By Stan Berg on 01/17/06 14:19 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first SUV and I am very pleased with it. Gas mileage was better than I thought it would be. The exterior appearance is great. I have received many compliments on the appearance. I have had zero problems with it. The vehicle handles great and drivers perspective is one of a feeling of good control. The interior is a little on the plain side but then I also purchased the no frills version.

Don't Believe EPA
By Jim on 01/03/06 16:25 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We are generally happy with the automobile and we are happy with the dealership. However, we have been disappointed with the fuel efficiency of the car. The estimated mileage for highway was 26 mpb, one of the principal reasons we purchased the car. The best we can get at typical Interstate speeds is 20 mpg. Dealer says that there is nothing they can do. Very disappointing.

Best car I've ever owned
By Happy on 12/08/05 14:39 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I almost bought another Honda CR-V but was shocked that the road noise was not any better than my current one. I wasn't looking for it, it found me and I'm so glad it did. This is the best car for the money I have ever seen and is very versatile. I love the ride and power. Me neighbor just retired as a service writer at a Buick dealer and told me this vehicle only needs service - never repair.

One of the best I've owned
By jimbo on 11/10/05 07:34 AM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned many GM vehicles, and have found this to be the most comfortable and trouble free of them all. I was in a van last car, and decided to downsize. I love this size as I have room for anything I want to haul, but small enough to feel like I'm not in too big a vehicle. I got the 3.6 V6 and find it to be quiet and responsive, but can't get the mileage over 19 mpg on the highway. I also find the liftgate to be heavy, and will get the automatic one next time.

My Rendezvous 2004
By Dr. Rod on 08/17/05 12:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Very good automobile. My one big complaint is that the third seat is practically useless. It can be used for small children but not an adult. I have bucket seats so my 'R' will seat only four people. I never thought GM would design a seat interior which is so confining. Gas mileage is rated at 26 highway but I can consistently beat this by a couple of miles per gallon as I drive to conserve my car and gasoline. Because of the seating I do not think I would buy this car again. If anyone buys one they should look carefully at this.