2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
Great vehicle for your money
By Christine on 11/18/09 11:17 AM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have normally always had a coupe/ sports car. I needed more room with growing family went looking for a vehicle that had all I needed. I found it in my rendezvous, Space for the kids the groceries and the pets! if needed. Love the excellent smooth ride, I am getting 22.3 mpg city. yes it tells me so that is how I know. with my coupes I always was putting gas in(none were v8) but I don't in my rendezvous I'm told it is the larger gas tank which is very nice. I think my stereo is great I was concerned with that and have no complaints even my teenagers tell me to turn it down. Has get up and go when needed and is very fun to drive and easy to maneuver, handles Great.

never buy g.m. again
By TD on 10/15/09 15:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Some nice features to this car but far too many problems. Some minor things like interior flooding due too sunroof problems. Windows are scratched pretty deeply in some spots from going up and down. Big problem was rear differential needing to be replaced at a cost of $3000. Buick would offer no assistance or explanation for such a problem in a relatively new car.

You Get What You Pay For
By Greg on 08/27/09 22:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the Rendezvous for a traveling sales job in Canada. There is very cold weather and some rough roads but mostly City and Highway. The Highway drive is very smooth. The interior seating space is excellent. The price was good but I have encountered several annoying mechanical issues. I drove 100000 miles and have repaired (or should repair) the following rear axle seals, rear bearings, brakes (twice), Power steering noise, hatch handle, 1 power window, 3 sensors which killed ABS and turned on eng fault other issues severe buildup of snow and ice in wheelwells, floating gas gauge, worst factory stereo ever. They coulda had a winner but they cheaped out in the build.

Never Again
By Big Foot on 08/15/09 19:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle Used as a GM Certified car. The warranty means nothing. The vehicle made a moaning noise and there was a technical bulletin that said it required new fluid in the rear($400+). Then the AWD Disabled light came on-a differential valve had to be replaced for $480. Again no warranty. I would never buy another GM vehicle and have owned many but this last vehicle has been a killer with repair costs on a GM certified car-ha ha.

Glad I didn't buy a Pacifica
By BuickOwner on 07/12/09 18:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I was looking to buy a pacifica but after driving the Rendezvous I was sold. 3400 v6 in my car really has potential, I can pass with little effort the ride is unmatched. The AWD (versatrak) works Flawlessy. It always kicks in when I need it. Ice and Snow are no problem in fact I took a trip to minnesota to a ski resort. There was quite a bit of snow and ice. My daughter has a 2005 Honda CRV (She hates it.) and the real time 4wd could not handle the weather so my Rendezvous became the transport for 2 families. My Rendezvous Plowed right through the snow with out hesitation. I have never had a problem with it. A/C is the coldest that I have ever had in a car and have no problems with it.

Keep Your Warranty
By BG on 02/12/09 08:39 AM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Rendezvous in 2007. I needed something big enough for my family but wanted good gas and nice appearance. I don't drive much at all but have already had to replace front lower control arm, front strut bearing on right and later on the front bearing on left. Front rattles and back hatch handle is broken. Interior stains very easily. Not yet at 50,000 miles.

looks good doesn't work
By another gm sucker on 02/06/09 10:36 AM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

dont buy one. trust me. only 66k on mine and ive had everything fail. Bearings, steering, premature brake failure, ABS, AWD system, and even the heater died. Some was covered by warranty, other stuff I had to fight for under my extended warranty which they mysteriously lost

Love it
By Denise on 01/06/09 09:59 AM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I'm 27yrs old and I would of mistaken this for an old person car. I love it. It has awesome space for my family. It's also a great traveling car. This car is easy and great in the snow. I have nothing from the best come from this vehicle. It's not bad on gas, and the cargo space helped out a lot. This seats in the back move easy to give you plenty of space.

Roomiest small SUV, luxury ride
By kd on 10/17/08 15:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've put about 45,000 miles on my Rendezvous and overall it has been a good vehicle. I avg. low 20's MPG which consists of about 50/50 city and highway miles. The upholstery could be better, very east to stain. One of the most comfortable riding cars I have owned and would beat any SUV for luxury ride. The 3.4L engine is great around town, but lacks a bit of torque in the mountains - not a big deal though. The cargo space is amazing for a small SUV, probably nothting better in its class for a small, maneuverable SUV. I now have 80K miles and it still runs well and everything is intact. No major work. Overall, very pleased with ownership of this vehicle.

Nice
By brian on 10/14/08 20:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this SUV 5 months ago from an estate with 21000 miles on it. Handles well in the snow and is a comfortable ride. There is room comfortably for a family four, a tight fit with five. Drove from Milwaukee to UP averaged 23-24mpg. So far no problems as I'm at about 30000miles.