Used 2005 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

2005 Buick Rendezvous

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Rides like a Buick
By caltexan

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I'm 39 and my wife and I are both lawyers. We live in San Francisco. We have 2 boys, 6 and 4. I didn't want to buy a minivan so we purchased the Buick. It's nice, but rides like my grandma's car. I wish the ride was firmer and sportier. I went with a Buick because I wanted to buy American. I hope the next time around, if I go with Buick, I will be less disappointed with my decision. On the plus side, it parks just about anywhere and has a nice ride. Also, get the 7 seat option. Without the 3rd row, I'm not sure it's worth the money. On the downside, it's a gas hog. You'd think GM would see the big picture and put more hybrids and efficient rides on the market...

Favorite Features

7th row, OnStar, and sunroof. Radio controls on steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

The plastic components on the stearing wheel have chipped as have the buttons on the radio. Consequentally, light from the console lights shines through the cracks in the plastic. Result, it looks cheap. I expected better. Also, the cruise control should be more convenient.

I thought more of Buick
By disapointed

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I thought more of Buick. 05 Rendezvous CXL, for a driver, is very small. I want to warn folks about the winter freezing. All of my doors freeze when it is cold or windy. Took it to the dealer and there is no fix for it. I leased the car and had to put a remote starter in just to get in my car. Good luck, if you know of anything I could do let me know. Warning ask about the freezing

Favorite Features

Nice ride

Suggested Improvements

Make the front seats more roomy. and the little storage at the bottom of the middle panel. Not good for much

9000 mile 2005 Rendevous bad apple
By Virginia Rhem

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I had looked forward to this new SUV and with only 9000 miles, it is in shop every other week. New tires at 4000 miles, rear door hatch broke, key assembly broke, noise in steering that GM says is something non-repairable, many more problems. Dealership where purchased horrible to deal with. Found another one who has been more helpful....But I am so disappointed.

Favorite Features

I like the way the SUV sits.....good on my back.

Suggested Improvements

Complete evaluation of this SUV to find out total problems existing.

This car is junk
By ckinny

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

GM is clearly cutting corners. The interior of the '05 compared to earlier models is subpar. The fabric is cheaplooking and feeling. The dash has been changed and not for the better. Very hard and uncomfortabel to get to/sit in third row seat. Gas mileage is a nightmare.

Favorite Features

Rear parking assist is the only thing I like on this car

Suggested Improvements

Buy any other vehicle stay away from the Buick Rendezvous

Solid, but not nearly great!
By Felipe

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car drives very well. It is a good value compared to other SUVs in its class. But it doesn't feel very refined, the steering can be a little loose sometimes, and I just don't know if it will last enough time.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Rack and Pinion is very bad! Have replaced it after not much use!