Used 2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV Consumer Reviews - 130 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV - Consumer Reviews

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Don't Believe EPA
By Jim

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We are generally happy with the automobile and we are happy with the dealership. However, we have been disappointed with the fuel efficiency of the car. The estimated mileage for highway was 26 mpb, one of the principal reasons we purchased the car. The best we can get at typical Interstate speeds is 20 mpg. Dealer says that there is nothing they can do. Very disappointing.

Handles and rides well. Much thought in design.

Blind spot on right side needs correction. Need to be more realistic and accurate on milage estimates.

Best car I've ever owned
By Happy

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I almost bought another Honda CR-V but was shocked that the road noise was not any better than my current one. I wasn't looking for it, it found me and I'm so glad it did. This is the best car for the money I have ever seen and is very versatile. I love the ride and power. Me neighbor just retired as a service writer at a Buick dealer and told me this vehicle only needs service - never repair.

Quite and smooth ride. versatiliy for business car - going to Home Depot - traveling in.

Better color selection

One of the best I've owned
By jimbo

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned many GM vehicles, and have found this to be the most comfortable and trouble free of them all. I was in a van last car, and decided to downsize. I love this size as I have room for anything I want to haul, but small enough to feel like I'm not in too big a vehicle. I got the 3.6 V6 and find it to be quiet and responsive, but can't get the mileage over 19 mpg on the highway. I also find the liftgate to be heavy, and will get the automatic one next time.

GPS, headroom, sunroof, and the seats. The seats are the most comfortable of the others brands I tried.

Better gas mileage would improve this vehicle tremendously. Also, better map lights in the front. You need to have whatever you're looking at right under it in order to see. If mileage doesn't improve, put in bigger gas tank.

My Rendezvous 2004
By Dr. Rod

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Very good automobile. My one big complaint is that the third seat is practically useless. It can be used for small children but not an adult. I have bucket seats so my 'R' will seat only four people. I never thought GM would design a seat interior which is so confining. Gas mileage is rated at 26 highway but I can consistently beat this by a couple of miles per gallon as I drive to conserve my car and gasoline. Because of the seating I do not think I would buy this car again. If anyone buys one they should look carefully at this.

Ease of getting in and out.

If GM is going to design a third seat it should seat adults. The third seat I have in my 2004 will not seat anyone other than a child.

Buick Ultra
By dave

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The 05 Ultra is comfortable and luxurious. The HUD display is fun and funtional. The 3.6 ltr. engine has lots of pep but less then advertised fuel economy, best we have seen out of this all wheel drive model is 21. The vehicle is nimble but steering is somewhat choppy at higher speeds with the steering wheel pulling you one direction while you steer another. Best described as a pulsing sensation. The car rides great and has good visability. Large mirrors compensate for a small blind spot on the driver's side. The seats have excellent driving positions and the stereo is excellent. With the third seat installed your room sor storage is extremely limited. Overall a stylish car.

Heads Up display. Power Seats. Rear Captain chairs

Back should have storage well, locate sun visors in windows, better rear passenger heating and cooling, seperate fan for rear passengers. make side curtain air bags standard on Ultra