Used 2005 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

2005 Buick Rendezvous

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Buick Ultra
By dave

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The 05 Ultra is comfortable and luxurious. The HUD display is fun and funtional. The 3.6 ltr. engine has lots of pep but less then advertised fuel economy, best we have seen out of this all wheel drive model is 21. The vehicle is nimble but steering is somewhat choppy at higher speeds with the steering wheel pulling you one direction while you steer another. Best described as a pulsing sensation. The car rides great and has good visability. Large mirrors compensate for a small blind spot on the driver's side. The seats have excellent driving positions and the stereo is excellent. With the third seat installed your room sor storage is extremely limited. Overall a stylish car.

Favorite Features

Heads Up display. Power Seats. Rear Captain chairs

Suggested Improvements

Back should have storage well, locate sun visors in windows, better rear passenger heating and cooling, seperate fan for rear passengers. make side curtain air bags standard on Ultra

Enjoying my new Rendezvous
By tablescape

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I am very happy with my new utlra Rendezvous. I am glad I have the bigger engine and the heads up display. I was surprised by how much I like the extras like the heads up and XM radio. The radio controls on the steering wheel and the display of the station on the windshield let me change the stations and keep my eyes on the road. My daughter loves the back seat radio with headsets. The mirrors are big and were a little hard to get used to but they are very helpful especially how they tilt down for parking. I am very careful in drivethru windows.

Favorite Features

Heads up, steerwheel with radio controls, XM radio, feel of driving a car but room of SUV.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see mirrors that could fold in and out with a push of a button for drive thru windows and garage. It would also be nice if the second row seats could fold up for when you need to use the third row.

Pleasant surprise
By Jondaley

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My wife likes this car so we got it. I was not thrilled with it at first. I like the ride and power train of the Chevy Equinox better, by my wife likes the comfort of the Buick. It fits the kids and stuff well. We took it on a short road trip, and I began to like it more and more. It is a great highway car, stable and smooth. Somewhat underpowered, but I can compensate for that. Quiet and smooth. No initial quality problems.

Favorite Features

Love the sattelite navigation system. CXL plus has some interior finishes that make it nicer than the standard CXL. Easy to drive, and a great highway car.

Suggested Improvements

Either increase gas milage or increase power. For 22 mpg, I would expect a more powerful engine. GM should just do what Saturn does and put the Honda engine in this car.

Buick Rendezvous
By Cincy

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Rendezvous. It's perfect for daily travel, with a very comfortable ride and great visibility. I love having the 3rd row seats that can hold 7 passengers or for extra storage. Unfortunately, when the 3rd row seats are up, there's very little storage but for an umbrella stroller. I'm averaging about 17-20mpg Hwy, and that's with construction and stop and go traffic. It's better on longer stretches on the highway. It's a great vehicle for a small family with all the extras and not the huge price tag.

Favorite Features

Side curtain airbags, leather seats, XM satellite radio, OnStar, 7 passenger seating capacity

Suggested Improvements

Better exterior design, ergonomics for when windows are down, then it's very windy. Also, the 3.4 liter needs more oomph.

This car is junk
By ckinny

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

GM is clearly cutting corners. The interior of the '05 compared to earlier models is subpar. The fabric is cheaplooking and feeling. The dash has been changed and not for the better. Very hard and uncomfortabel to get to/sit in third row seat. Gas mileage is a nightmare.

Favorite Features

Rear parking assist is the only thing I like on this car

Suggested Improvements

Buy any other vehicle stay away from the Buick Rendezvous