2005 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
Buick reliability
By RLA on 01/05/05 20:51 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have only owned this vehicle a short time. It is pleasant to drive, and very comfortable. The radio works well, as do the power windows seat and other amenities. Not purchased for going off road. I do not desire an off road vehicle, I already have one. This is a very nice family vehicle. It was reported that the standard V6 does not have adequate power. I have been out on the interstate with this one and it runs fine, it's not a race car but that's not what I purchased. If I wanted a sports car I would buy one.

A good car for the money
By 2003 Buick Rendezvou on 01/05/05 08:58 AM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We are happy with the vehicle. The selling point was the captians chairs (2'nd row) and bench seat in the back. Very roomy, easy to drive. Main problem which I think any vehicle with 3 rows of seating would be lack of storage space...

SUV compromise
By Chris Bernhard on 01/05/05 07:21 AM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

the interior, and driving my fathers 1993 Regal with 175,000 miles sold me. Buicks seem to last forever. Quality on them are only second to Cadilac.

Best car I have ever owned
By sam0616 on 01/01/05 12:48 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is by far the best care/SUV I have ever owned. I have previously owned a Dodge Shadow, Subaru Imprezza, Infiniti G20 and Nissan Maxima. I traded the maxima in for this. I have never before felt like driving everywhere as I do with this car. It gives me the security and safety of driving an SUV and the smoothness and stability of driving a car. I love the roominess without the bulky look of a truck or corny look of a minivan. The gas mileage is just as good, if not slighly better, than my Maxima, which is very impressive. Overall, I think this is a best bet for someone looking for the feel of a minivan, ride of a car and look of an SUV.

A Great Crossover Car
By amers521 on 01/01/05 10:57 AM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and I were searching for a family car and after test driving a variety of other SUVs we found the Rendezvous to be the best value. It was not only much more comfortable than any other SUV we test drove, but had a lot more cargo room and passenger room. We had a wonderful experience at the dealership purchasing our Rendezvous and couldn't be happier with our choice!

My Favorite Vehicle
By Tim Granger on 12/21/04 19:29 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Comfortable, well laid out for a tall individual. With 6k miles the gas mileage has not improved. Sticker states 18-24 only averaging 18 on highway.

Fantastic car
By Ray Walters on 12/20/04 20:55 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have purchased many new cars but have never been so totally satisfied with any car as I have with this Rendezvous. Of course we would always want better mileage but, other than that, this car is a ten all the way. The Navigation system, On Star, built in cell phone, heads up display, back-up sensor, foldup seats, etc - all make this car of the future here today.

Buick Rendezvous
By Bernie Hartmann on 12/08/04 16:07 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I own a 2002 Model and had no problems with the CXL Model. I believe some of your ratings on some Models does not jive with the real performance of these vehicles. We do not find the interior of the Rendezvous that cheap, did you ever try to maintain the wood paneling on a Beamer or Mercedes, it can be a nightmare. And if you have it all scratched up or damaged by any other way, it's ugly.So, I like the plain gray interior which willtake a few Kids and a DOg in good stride.

by
By ben on 12/07/04 10:39 AM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

this is a good van it is a bit small if you get a seven seater you want have the room for there things.

Great
By Dorohtea M. Barger on 11/11/04 10:03 AM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My car is a 2002, the leather seats are a fine quality, I don't think they should have given it a poor quality rating. I like my vehicle and would consider buying another one. When people ask me about my vehicle I highly recommend them to buy one. I do wish it had more leg room in the second and third row. I also would like if it had better gas mileage. Also, if the On Star had a phone you could take out of your car so you wouldn't have to have a cell phone with one number and your On Star with another number.