Used 2005 Buick Rendezvous Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

2005 Buick Rendezvous

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Proud Owner
By Stan Berg

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first SUV and I am very pleased with it. Gas mileage was better than I thought it would be. The exterior appearance is great. I have received many compliments on the appearance. I have had zero problems with it. The vehicle handles great and drivers perspective is one of a feeling of good control. The interior is a little on the plain side but then I also purchased the no frills version.

Favorite Features

Exterior Appearance and overall reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Interior design and appearance could be improved.

Don't Believe EPA
By Jim

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We are generally happy with the automobile and we are happy with the dealership. However, we have been disappointed with the fuel efficiency of the car. The estimated mileage for highway was 26 mpb, one of the principal reasons we purchased the car. The best we can get at typical Interstate speeds is 20 mpg. Dealer says that there is nothing they can do. Very disappointing.

Favorite Features

Handles and rides well. Much thought in design.

Suggested Improvements

Blind spot on right side needs correction. Need to be more realistic and accurate on milage estimates.

Best car I've ever owned
By Happy

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I almost bought another Honda CR-V but was shocked that the road noise was not any better than my current one. I wasn't looking for it, it found me and I'm so glad it did. This is the best car for the money I have ever seen and is very versatile. I love the ride and power. Me neighbor just retired as a service writer at a Buick dealer and told me this vehicle only needs service - never repair.

Favorite Features

Quite and smooth ride. versatiliy for business car - going to Home Depot - traveling in.

Suggested Improvements

Better color selection

One of the best I've owned
By jimbo

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned many GM vehicles, and have found this to be the most comfortable and trouble free of them all. I was in a van last car, and decided to downsize. I love this size as I have room for anything I want to haul, but small enough to feel like I'm not in too big a vehicle. I got the 3.6 V6 and find it to be quiet and responsive, but can't get the mileage over 19 mpg on the highway. I also find the liftgate to be heavy, and will get the automatic one next time.

Favorite Features

GPS, headroom, sunroof, and the seats. The seats are the most comfortable of the others brands I tried.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage would improve this vehicle tremendously. Also, better map lights in the front. You need to have whatever you're looking at right under it in order to see. If mileage doesn't improve, put in bigger gas tank.

My Rendezvous 2004
By Dr. Rod

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Very good automobile. My one big complaint is that the third seat is practically useless. It can be used for small children but not an adult. I have bucket seats so my 'R' will seat only four people. I never thought GM would design a seat interior which is so confining. Gas mileage is rated at 26 highway but I can consistently beat this by a couple of miles per gallon as I drive to conserve my car and gasoline. Because of the seating I do not think I would buy this car again. If anyone buys one they should look carefully at this.

Favorite Features

Ease of getting in and out.

Suggested Improvements

If GM is going to design a third seat it should seat adults. The third seat I have in my 2004 will not seat anyone other than a child.