2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
Would buy another
By wingnutttt on 12/08/12 12:05 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought ours in 08 with 30.000 miles on it. Wife uses it mostly in town & we use it on vacation & tow 2 mid size motorcycles behind it. We have had no problems with ours & tows our cycles nicely. Now has 62.000 miles on it & has been trouble free. Its quiet, comfortable for all day driving. Would reccomend it to anybody

Great family car
By soccermomtx53 on 07/18/11 10:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Buick used in 2010 from a big dealer (not Buick). Have to admit we used to joke about getting a Buick after we passed 50 and we did. This car replaced a much-love, much driven 2000 minivan that I pretty much drove til the wheels fell off. The Rendezvous was on the back of the dealer's lot and was the internet special that weekend - I had never even heard of one, but now that I own one I see a lot of them on the highways around here. This car is a pleasure to drive - I bought the extended warranty because it had 99,000 miles on it at the time of the sale but we had no reason to utilize it. This car is solid, better handling than anything I've had in the past.

Rendevous Troubles
By Rendevous Troubles on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a brand new 05 Rendevous in April 2005 and have had continuous troubles from 3 months into the purchase. The following are issues I have had to fix: Front tire hubs x6, wiring to traction control, wiring to steering wheel, wiring to heating and air conditioning control, tire bushings, back window washer arm, rear hatch handle x2, console cover, and most recently a transmission. Some of the issues were covered under the factory warranty but most were covered by the extended warranty at $200 each repair. When you buy a new car you don't expect issues such as these. If I had to do it all over again, I would have never bought this car. I should have researched consumer reports first!

Totally disappointed
By disappointed on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've purchased this vehicle with excitement only to find out that it is high maintenance with very expensive repairs. Bearings and rear differential have to be replaced which is going to cost me $4000 thousand dollars. Rear hatch handle broke easily, snow builds up in wheel well, gas gauge has a mind of it's own, spedometer also has a mind of it's own. Too many problems with this vehicle and very very very disappointed with the many repairs having to be made.

Loved mostly
By Denise on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Before the grandchildren, this was a perfect vehicle for me, my adult children, and labs. However, now there are two infants that need to have car seats rear-facing leaving no leg room for any other seat as it requires the seat in front of it to be shoved all the way forward. In all other regards, this has been a joy of a vehicle.

Don't buy a Rendezvous
By Carol on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this from a dealer and it was 1 year old. - Did not have it 2 years and put $2,300.00 in it. We have replaced rear bearings, the power steering pump twice, and now the rear differential has went out. The seats do not fold completely down, so there goes the cargo space, and just look at those cloth seats and they stain! I had an Explorer before and I loved it, but my husband isn't a Ford Fan - well he can have GM, this will be my last Buick. I absolutely hate it!!

Wonderful All Purpose Vehicle
By SW Connecticut on 04/17/10 19:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The may be the most comfortable compact SUV on the road. The leather seats are the most comfortable I have ever sat in. Handling is terrific for a SUV and highway driving is a real pleasure. Acceleration is more than adequate for a family vehicle. Cargo space is ample for the size of the vehicle. Climate control system is easy to use and works well in all types of weather. Unfortunately Buick no longer makes this vehicle, but based on the great experience with this car, we have also purchased a Buick Enclave, which we feel is one of the best vehicles available today. Reliability has been exceptional, with only normal maintenance expenses.

Disappointed
By Zakiyyah on 03/31/10 07:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I was not very happy with this vehicle at all. Within 6 months of purchase the entire steering column needed to be replaced, not long after that problems with the transmission, heated seats stopped working, electrical system failures, last straw was when the CD player went. Very disappointed!

Many Problems
By Bob on 03/30/10 11:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Steering column had to be replaced two times. Transmission slipping. All wheel drive noisy when turning. Interior materials cheep. Overall quality poor.

Smooth Ride, Fun to Drive
By Tom Mc on 02/01/10 14:03 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous SUV CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

ULTA MODEL (AWD) - In 40 years of driving, this vehicle is my best driving experience that combines power and smoothness. The VVT 3.6 aluminum engine has plenty of torque (available at low revs) and gets you out of any highway situation immediately. It provides smooth power that comes on without any jerking into a 'passing gear'. About 7 times a year it is driven to a destination 5 hours away and because of comfort, I am able to drive back the same day! Around town, I find myself driving easier and a bit slower, mainly because the experience is so enjoyable. However, if there is a need to peel around a corner, the torque and AWD allow you to have almost sportscar-like fun - great ride!