2005 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
Would buy another
By wingnutttt on 12/08/12 12:05 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought ours in 08 with 30.000 miles on it. Wife uses it mostly in town & we use it on vacation & tow 2 mid size motorcycles behind it. We have had no problems with ours & tows our cycles nicely. Now has 62.000 miles on it & has been trouble free. Its quiet, comfortable for all day driving. Would reccomend it to anybody

Great family car
By soccermomtx53 on 07/18/11 10:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Buick used in 2010 from a big dealer (not Buick). Have to admit we used to joke about getting a Buick after we passed 50 and we did. This car replaced a much-love, much driven 2000 minivan that I pretty much drove til the wheels fell off. The Rendezvous was on the back of the dealer's lot and was the internet special that weekend - I had never even heard of one, but now that I own one I see a lot of them on the highways around here. This car is a pleasure to drive - I bought the extended warranty because it had 99,000 miles on it at the time of the sale but we had no reason to utilize it. This car is solid, better handling than anything I've had in the past.

Rendevous Troubles
By Rendevous Troubles on 12/02/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a brand new 05 Rendevous in April 2005 and have had continuous troubles from 3 months into the purchase. The following are issues I have had to fix: Front tire hubs x6, wiring to traction control, wiring to steering wheel, wiring to heating and air conditioning control, tire bushings, back window washer arm, rear hatch handle x2, console cover, and most recently a transmission. Some of the issues were covered under the factory warranty but most were covered by the extended warranty at $200 each repair. When you buy a new car you don't expect issues such as these. If I had to do it all over again, I would have never bought this car. I should have researched consumer reports first!

Wonderful All Purpose Vehicle
By SW Connecticut on 04/17/10 19:44 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The may be the most comfortable compact SUV on the road. The leather seats are the most comfortable I have ever sat in. Handling is terrific for a SUV and highway driving is a real pleasure. Acceleration is more than adequate for a family vehicle. Cargo space is ample for the size of the vehicle. Climate control system is easy to use and works well in all types of weather. Unfortunately Buick no longer makes this vehicle, but based on the great experience with this car, we have also purchased a Buick Enclave, which we feel is one of the best vehicles available today. Reliability has been exceptional, with only normal maintenance expenses.

Disappointed
By Zakiyyah on 03/31/10 07:25 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I was not very happy with this vehicle at all. Within 6 months of purchase the entire steering column needed to be replaced, not long after that problems with the transmission, heated seats stopped working, electrical system failures, last straw was when the CD player went. Very disappointed!

Great vehicle for your money
By Christine on 11/18/09 11:17 AM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have normally always had a coupe/ sports car. I needed more room with growing family went looking for a vehicle that had all I needed. I found it in my rendezvous, Space for the kids the groceries and the pets! if needed. Love the excellent smooth ride, I am getting 22.3 mpg city. yes it tells me so that is how I know. with my coupes I always was putting gas in(none were v8) but I don't in my rendezvous I'm told it is the larger gas tank which is very nice. I think my stereo is great I was concerned with that and have no complaints even my teenagers tell me to turn it down. Has get up and go when needed and is very fun to drive and easy to maneuver, handles Great.

Keep Your Warranty
By BG on 02/12/09 08:39 AM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Rendezvous in 2007. I needed something big enough for my family but wanted good gas and nice appearance. I don't drive much at all but have already had to replace front lower control arm, front strut bearing on right and later on the front bearing on left. Front rattles and back hatch handle is broken. Interior stains very easily. Not yet at 50,000 miles.

Love it
By Denise on 01/06/09 09:59 AM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I'm 27yrs old and I would of mistaken this for an old person car. I love it. It has awesome space for my family. It's also a great traveling car. This car is easy and great in the snow. I have nothing from the best come from this vehicle. It's not bad on gas, and the cargo space helped out a lot. This seats in the back move easy to give you plenty of space.

Nice
By brian on 10/14/08 20:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this SUV 5 months ago from an estate with 21000 miles on it. Handles well in the snow and is a comfortable ride. There is room comfortably for a family four, a tight fit with five. Drove from Milwaukee to UP averaged 23-24mpg. So far no problems as I'm at about 30000miles.

Happy Change
By Tracy G on 04/03/08 09:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This was my second car! I drove a 2000 Ford Focus that got great mileage and never had any problems until one day it just died at 165,000 miles. My husband and I wanted a car that would last and be great for when we have kids. I outright refused to get a minivan. This car was perfect. I drive 60 miles a day on the highway and have no problems. The gas mileage is pretty good for an "suv." (I get 28/mpg) I run a small catering company and the cargo space is great. I love the deep center console that locks. And the several other compartments, as well as the multiple plug in areas for phones etc. There is also plenty of room if my friends and I decide to car pool. Excellent value for the price.