Used 2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:

Would buy another
By wingnutttt

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought ours in 08 with 30.000 miles on it. Wife uses it mostly in town & we use it on vacation & tow 2 mid size motorcycles behind it. We have had no problems with ours & tows our cycles nicely. Now has 62.000 miles on it & has been trouble free. Its quiet, comfortable for all day driving. Would reccomend it to anybody

Great family car
By soccermomtx53

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Buick used in 2010 from a big dealer (not Buick). Have to admit we used to joke about getting a Buick after we passed 50 and we did. This car replaced a much-love, much driven 2000 minivan that I pretty much drove til the wheels fell off. The Rendezvous was on the back of the dealer's lot and was the internet special that weekend - I had never even heard of one, but now that I own one I see a lot of them on the highways around here. This car is a pleasure to drive - I bought the extended warranty because it had 99,000 miles on it at the time of the sale but we had no reason to utilize it. This car is solid, better handling than anything I've had in the past.

Very comfortable ride. Good handling. I believe they quit making the Rendezvous in 2007 - too bad - good car. Whoever owned ours before really took good car of it.

Rear AC vents for the farthest back seats would be nice. The people in the middle seat may not feel the cold air either from the center console. Have had a problem with blind spots.

Rendevous Troubles
By Rendevous Troubles

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a brand new 05 Rendevous in April 2005 and have had continuous troubles from 3 months into the purchase. The following are issues I have had to fix: Front tire hubs x6, wiring to traction control, wiring to steering wheel, wiring to heating and air conditioning control, tire bushings, back window washer arm, rear hatch handle x2, console cover, and most recently a transmission. Some of the issues were covered under the factory warranty but most were covered by the extended warranty at $200 each repair. When you buy a new car you don't expect issues such as these. If I had to do it all over again, I would have never bought this car. I should have researched consumer reports first!

Wonderful All Purpose Vehicle
By SW Connecticut

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The may be the most comfortable compact SUV on the road. The leather seats are the most comfortable I have ever sat in. Handling is terrific for a SUV and highway driving is a real pleasure. Acceleration is more than adequate for a family vehicle. Cargo space is ample for the size of the vehicle. Climate control system is easy to use and works well in all types of weather. Unfortunately Buick no longer makes this vehicle, but based on the great experience with this car, we have also purchased a Buick Enclave, which we feel is one of the best vehicles available today. Reliability has been exceptional, with only normal maintenance expenses.

Comfort of seat and climate control system is exceptional. Great handling vehicle that gets 28 mpg on the highway. Fun to drive and loads of storage. The car has tons of storage compartments.

None

Disappointed
By Zakiyyah

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I was not very happy with this vehicle at all. Within 6 months of purchase the entire steering column needed to be replaced, not long after that problems with the transmission, heated seats stopped working, electrical system failures, last straw was when the CD player went. Very disappointed!

very roomy even in 3rd row, plenty of storage space,